Saturday, May 30, 2009

Colours of my life


To my Kadazandusun friends and colleagues in Sabah,

Happy Harvest Festival or in Kadazan, Kotobian Tadau Tagazo Do Kaamatan


To my Iban friends and colleagues in Sarawak,

“Selamat Ari Gawai, Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai.”

It means “Happy Gawai, may everyone be healthy and live a long life.”


I should be spending 30th and 31st May in Sabah for the Harvest Festival. Colleagues are so disappointed that I am not spending the festival with them.

I am going back to Sabah on the 1st June where my friends here are celebrating Gawai! Another disappointment to friends here.

I have been repeating these words, "Next year, next year!" God's willing!

9 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ya, thats the beauty of Sarawak, somany wonderful festivals, especially the harvest festival.
I was fortunate to experience it wayyyy back in the '80's.....never forgot the kick of the tuak drinks.

Even though I have my fair share of Whisky drinking, the Sarawak tuak is something we don't fool around with, ha ha.
I sure saw stars after 3 bamboo cups, ha ha. Lee.

stay-at-home mum said...

Hi Yan
need your advice. Considering a trip to KK. where would you recommend we stay.Is the Nexus Resort any good?
Hope to hear from you.
Thanks

Yan said...

SAHM,

If it's for my family, I would take Tanjong Aru Beach (STAR) hotel. The beach, the sunset.. and you don't have to travel far for good food. And you can also do island hopping. And of course you do not wish to miss the National Park, the Canopy Walk, Hot springs..

Sutera Harbour is also a good choice of hotel to stay.

Nexus Resort is more for golf, and of course the beach, about 15 km away from city.

Check also Rasa Ria's Resort - a little further away though. Seaside, glof, orang utan..

Let me know when you and your family are here! You have my email!

Yan said...

Lee,

Yes, the rich cultures, the good people, the good food - that's about Sarawak and Sabah!

I Am Sarawakiana said...

Have a good Festive Season in Sabah!!
I have just come back from the longhouses in Limbang...and will be heading towards Sibu by road tomorrow. So will definitely miss you in Sibu!!!
Shalom.

stay-at-home mum said...

Thanks Yan. Yes we will probably be staying at the rasa ria.
But urm ... I dont have your email. Somehow when I click email under your profile it cant load. Could you leave it as a comment on my blog? I wont publish it. Thanks!

stay-at-home mum said...

BTW- when you mention Tanjong Aru, is it the Shangri-la one that you are referring to?

stay-at-home mum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

the precious content you provided do help our team's research for my company, thanks.

- Lucas