Looks less than perfect from a less than perfect daughter-in-law,
but it's perfected by thoughts, prayers and love in the Lord.
Parents' hearts ought to reflect God's heart. Rev Dr Angela Ting preached at my church today for Parents' Sunday. I missed the usual morning service at 7:30 am. Yes, I felt totally exhausted this morning. But, thank God, that I went to the Evening Service at 5:00 pm with my mum-in-law who had just returned from Kota Kinabalu in the late afternoon.
Now, what's in God's heart? Parents' hearts?
God's heart is a heart that magnifies. A heart that magnifies the Lord is humble, obedient and God's fearing. That's what parents' heart should be. Parents should teach their children about faith living - bible reading, prayer, worshipping God, good relationship with God, obeying God's teaching, be good witnesses, showing good example to children.
God's heart is meditative. Parents whose hearts are meditative like God's are not worrying hearts, but thoughtful hearts which have the children's well being in mind. In this, parents are to meet the needs of the children not according to their ideals but according to their characters, talents, gifts and ready to provide for them in all aspects.
God's heart is a heart that has been pierced. A pierced heart is hurt and sacrificial. It reflects the amazing love of god, willing to let go for the sake of extending the Kingdom of God. "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son to us."
Children should learn from Jesus' response to His parents. Jesus obeyed his parents, understood parents' hearts, concerned of their needs. Listen and obey them in the Lord.
8 comments:
What a wonderful person with a wonderful heart you are!!
Happy Mother's Day to both of you.(a little late ...)
Fuuny how we (or rather I) try to be perfect everytime (which of course is impossible), and and as a result am frequently disappointed when things go wrong. I must learn that just as long as I give my best, and with the best of intentions I should not be disappointed
I must learn to be more like you!
Sarawakiana
Everyday is mothers' day! So, happy and wonderful day tiap-tiap hari!
The cake looks nice. So tempting to have a bite when saw the chocolate topping. drooling.
SAHM,
I used to be a perfectionist, setting very high standards especially on myself, and also on my children. Now, I pray everyday - Jesus, take me as what I am.
Superman,
Thanks for the nice compliments! Someone said,
All I really need is some praises, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!
Have a lovely chocolate day!
hope it was a lovely Mother's Day for you. sometimes such days gets too commercialized that we tend to just use this special day to be extra nice to our mom. then again, it is a yearly reminider, hopefully to help us remember to treat our loved ones with all the love and care 365 days too.
constance,
Yes, it was a lovely Mothers' Day for me. Let's make everyday mothers' day!
Post a Comment