I was at Megamall food court on Monday late afternoon. Settled in the hotel at almost 12 noon, I went to see an eye specialist. After two hours of probing and investigating through rays, lights, beams and lens, I walked out of the clinic with a blur vision from the dilation of the eyes, but peaceful eyes.
What would a woman with blur vision but hungry stomach do? Take the best way she knows - the food court located on the third floor! I did not even have my breakfast!
Now when your vision is blur, you won't care much about looking around taking the choices. This Korean food stall is probably new. The glistening fried egg perched on top of the Korean dish called "bi bim bop", or Korean Mixed Rice, or Korean Stone Rice, did caught me despite my poor visibility! That's it!
Of course the pleasant girl and boy behind the counter was also the force for a fast decision.
Eating bi bim bop is supposed to mix everything together and with the red chilli paste. I really do not wish to "see" another of the mixed-up things. I want to "see" each grains of rice, each types of vegetables, each piece of mince chickens and even the egg in their own shape. As I started eating, the pleasant boy walked to me and said, "You have to mix everything together and eat." I was pleasantly surprised by his kindness! I said, "Thank you, today I want to eat it this way."
Chasing after every last scrap of bi bim bop around the bowl, finishing the last blissful shards of rice crust, I marvelled how a stone bowl of vegetables, meat and rice is actually so familiar but yet it's so strange today.
Something remain unchanged - it's supremely comforting to know that the Lord cares and provides.
What would a woman with blur vision but hungry stomach do? Take the best way she knows - the food court located on the third floor! I did not even have my breakfast!
Now when your vision is blur, you won't care much about looking around taking the choices. This Korean food stall is probably new. The glistening fried egg perched on top of the Korean dish called "bi bim bop", or Korean Mixed Rice, or Korean Stone Rice, did caught me despite my poor visibility! That's it!
Of course the pleasant girl and boy behind the counter was also the force for a fast decision.
Eating bi bim bop is supposed to mix everything together and with the red chilli paste. I really do not wish to "see" another of the mixed-up things. I want to "see" each grains of rice, each types of vegetables, each piece of mince chickens and even the egg in their own shape. As I started eating, the pleasant boy walked to me and said, "You have to mix everything together and eat." I was pleasantly surprised by his kindness! I said, "Thank you, today I want to eat it this way."
Chasing after every last scrap of bi bim bop around the bowl, finishing the last blissful shards of rice crust, I marvelled how a stone bowl of vegetables, meat and rice is actually so familiar but yet it's so strange today.
Something remain unchanged - it's supremely comforting to know that the Lord cares and provides.
11 comments:
Good thing you had your camera with you. Otherwise, I wouldn't have known what bi bim bop is all about!
Yan, you could still walk about with a dilated eye?! I couldn't even have mine open let alone walking!
ilene,
I had a good rest at the cosy specialist centre before going out to hunt for food!
It was about two hours later. The dialted eyes is supposed to make us blur for four to five hours. In Sibu, I even drove home! Well, it's dangerous, don't follow.
Hello Ya, hope your eyes better now.
Can see you eat to live, ha ha.
I eat to live.
Nice dishes. Best regards, Lee.
first time heard of this food also...glad your eyes ok.
What happen to your eyes? Too much computer? Hope your eyes are ok now. Korean food always very spicy and need to mix things ourselves. Not very keen on it. too many vegetables. Haha. I am a meat eater. :)
Lee,
Yes, just learnt the art of eating - that's you eat, yet you still lose weight!
Anonymous,
Thank you for the concern!
I used to know it's called "Korean Stone Rice".
Superman,
Eyes, or rather left eye only - some bleeding, thus vision blur. Done a laser, improving, but not very sure if it will be 100% recovery. Will take six weeks to know!
The Korean stone rice in Mana Cafe at Sanyan Building is also very nice. I can't remember the price, but the portion is bigger than this one. Try that!
How's your eyes now Yan? Is the vision still blurry?
Reading your account of the lunch, really makes me realise how we take our eyesight for granted...
The first (and last) time I dropped by the Level 3 food court at Megamall, I came across groups of people smoking under the No Smoking signs. They seriously need to see their eye specialists.
fishtail,
Ha, ha, I did not notice that - probably, that's the reason I need to see an eye specialist!
Post a Comment