Thursday, May 28, 2009

Climbing the stairs



I call them lifts. My children call them elevators. Indeed, very American they are!

In sibu, I don't get to use lift often. Office is located on the 2nd floor (or 3rd floor if you are very American). No lift is necessary. I do wish there is one to use when I am rushing though.

Here in Sabah, my offices are located at 4th and 6th Floors. I don't expect myself to climb the stairs. Place of stay is No. 8 in the elevator buttons. Therefore, not using elevators is quite out of question. Unless, hubby is here, probably, we can climb the stairs one day?

One common scene in the lift is - people don't talk in the lift. I do not know why. Even you see them talking when the lift opens, the moment they step in, they zip their mouths!

How strange!

If lifts can talk like this one in the picture that I used once every two to three months, I would love to use more often! That lifts my life higher!

There is no elevator to success in my assignment here in Sabah. I am climbing the stairs now!

3 comments:

Ensurai said...

It is a kind of understanding that one does not talk while in a lift....Western good manners and etiquette.

Superman said...

Haha. Maybe they don't want to share with others their conversation. Maybe too near the distance face to face.
I am climbing my stairs now also. Just started the first few steps only. Long way to go for me...

ilene said...

Yan, the lifts at my place of work are at most of the time filled with "story tellers"! Many a time they get so carried away with their gosip that they've forgotten to press their floor! My block of the building (18 floors) consists of one government ministry (who occupies most of the floors) and a stock broking firm. So you can imagine the noise level inside the lift/elevator! hahaha...

Yan, even if there's no elevator in your present assignment, you are nevertheless on the stairway to success. All the very best to your assignments!