I have this bowl of fish noodles for brunch yesterday. This time I got the name of the shop, it's Kedai Kopi Yuan Li at Jalan Pantai, Kota Kinabalu. This is not the first time I took this fish noodles. During a trip here sometime back, my husband and I had it. I remember my husband took two bowls!
The stall owner said the fish noodles are fish paste made from Kau Yue (ikan parang). It's tangy or has springy texture. There is no fishy smell.
It's served with slices of garoupa, char-siew (pork), tau-gang (dried tau-fu) in clear chicken stock. It costs RM6 per bowl. If you want fish and prawn toppings, that will be another story!
The portion of fish noodles is small. I think I can count the number of pieces in a bowl. Don't be deceived by the huge fish noodles on the top. I have to fish them out and put on the top. For a healthier you and undoubtedly for a better profit margin, the owner has a generous spread of vegetables at the bottom of the bowl! That's why you do not see the vegetables as toppings!
Now, on a Monday morning, I have taught you how to fish! Go and make more profit!
The stall owner said the fish noodles are fish paste made from Kau Yue (ikan parang). It's tangy or has springy texture. There is no fishy smell.
It's served with slices of garoupa, char-siew (pork), tau-gang (dried tau-fu) in clear chicken stock. It costs RM6 per bowl. If you want fish and prawn toppings, that will be another story!
The portion of fish noodles is small. I think I can count the number of pieces in a bowl. Don't be deceived by the huge fish noodles on the top. I have to fish them out and put on the top. For a healthier you and undoubtedly for a better profit margin, the owner has a generous spread of vegetables at the bottom of the bowl! That's why you do not see the vegetables as toppings!
Now, on a Monday morning, I have taught you how to fish! Go and make more profit!
10 comments:
I see the famous fish noodles....must come and eat again.
How much longer will you be in KK?
Look nice but can never get those type of noodle in Sibu.
haha Yan,I can see you're getting better by the day on food review now! Thanks for sharing.
I did not like the fish noodles. Felt like eating fish balls...but I loved the clear soup though!
sarawakiana,
Will be here probably for the next six months! Do visit here - can accommodate you in my place!
Superman,
Without Suituapui's support (see he does not like this kind of noodles, read his comment), difficult to start this business in Sibu. So, the only way is to fly KK and eat here!
ilene,
Just yesterday, a friend of mine asked me this question - if you like to eat good food, what's your hobby? I said, "eating". She asked if there is another better word to use, eating seemed very crude! Do you have a better word to use for a hobby of eating?
suituapui,
Yes, the clear soup is nice! Good you don't like, or you will have to take a ride with "superman" to fly over here! Wonder how you would wear your "underpants" should you travel with superman!
hahaha..Yan, good one! It's just like some people who eat to live and some live to eat! whahaha....
Haha. That's funny. Maybe I can piggyback STP on my back when I am flying. I am going to KK in this June for a holiday with my wife. Will go try it if got chance.
Post a Comment