Saturday, May 16, 2009

Simple Living

From the Wikipedia,

Simple living (voluntary simplicity) is a lifestyle characterized by minimizing the 'more-is-better' pursuit of wealth and consumption. Adherents may choose simple living for a variety of personal reasons, such as spirituality, health, increase in 'quality time' for family and friends, stress reduction, personal taste or frugality. E.F. Schumacker put it best by saying, "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction."

Is this "simple" enough? I have just moved in.

The bedroom furnished with -

A bed. A wardrobe. The curtain is not in place yet. And I rejected the dressing table that has some defects for replacement.

A wardrobe with just the basic working attire and something that could get me from the board room to ball room, if ever I need to attend one.

A working area and sitting area - No TV. A small fridge which should always be half empty. Not so pleasing to my eyes, but it has been furnished by the company.

I have yet to furnish the place for some light cooking or preparation of food - just a kettle in place. Probably will get a small toaster. An induction cooker and pan. That's it. Yes, I do not think I would be cooking a storm here!

And all the essentials for sweeping and mopping also ready. Of course, I do not need a maid!

7 comments:

suituapui said...

Hey! You're going to stay in KK on a long term basis kah?...Aiyor!!! Thought it would just be another of those flying visits. Another blogger

Yan said...

STP,

Hopefully to be back in six months' time. If I work fast and smart!

Superman said...

Nice and simple like you said the place. Think will need time to settle down over there. Having a project over there? Hope you can finish it fast and come back fast.

Jo said...

wow Yan.. that's quite a long time. What about the mister? Will he be visiting often?

bp said...

Hi Yan,
Thanks for coming by, and for the update. You have a good time in KK, I think going back to basics is good, and I know you'll do great there, but at the same time I hope it's close enough for Chris and your hubby to visit you as often as they can, or you can go back home over some long weekend before the end of your assignment. And yes, please call Rach, mommy's love and food is always the best!

Hugs n God bless!

Yan said...

bp,

Chris will join me during the two-weeks holiday. But, I think he will be bored with working, while there is no TV in my apartment.

Hubby travels extensively too these days. He may pass by here by surprise? Ha, ha...

Yan said...

JoMel,

Time passes pretty fast. Chris will join me during the two-weeks holiday. Hubby travels - he might just check in on one surprise day, as I told bp.

But then, I still travel to KL and Kuching!

And I am really working around the clock to get things done.