Just because the "Kampua" is not available here.
Just because I have mopped my apartment floor for half an hour.
Just because I have done 5.2 km on the treadmill.
Just because I even lifted some dumb bells at the gym.
Just because the weighing scale reads a little less this morning.
I decided to reward myself with this plate of dry noodles yesterday morning. It looks pretty good with generous spread of meat.
I have also decided not to complain about the price of food in Sibu.
Guess how much is this plate of noodles in Kota kinabalu at the coffee shop cost?
17 comments:
let me make a guess. RM3.50? The char siew looks yummy. I went for jogging this afternoon and rewarded myself with a McD Mcfish Burger for dinner and some fries.
It can be 5.50 ringgit...
I often wish the char siew and veg can be increased and the noodles decreased in portion. Than it will be a good one dish meal.
But would be Kampua anymore?
Must have been delicious!
cheers.
Yan, I AM sooooo inspired! You have the determination and will of steel and I greatly admire you for that. Losing 2kg in 8 days is an amazing feat! I should know. BRAVO Yan. Bravo!!:) :) :)
Superman,
RM5.00 - that's the cheapest on the menu!
I just did a survey - my working place is surrounded by banks and eating places. I heard the Bak Kut Teh is good. I also heard the pizza house called Little Italy also serves good food - but a bit pricey.
Money, money, money, it's a rich man's world.
Sarawakiana,
So you won't get a shock when you have put the price as RM5.50. Superman and I would probably need to take a while to not say "AH" to the price.
Here you don't pay when the food is being served. You finish the food and ask for bill.
Delicious? so, so...
JoMel,
Come to Sabah for your next holiday! It's a nice place - probably, as rich in culture as in Bali!
Does that tempt you to make a trip?
沙巴有很多的牛奶果,你可有看到?我最喜欢了。进口的太贵!沙巴种的,这边看不到。要流口水罗!
Nothing beats Sibu kampua, the best in world! Looking forward to meeting you again in early June, Yan!
Well, Yan, if that doesn't tempt JoMel, you've tempted me!
Rewarding yourself after a hard day's work is well deserving!
Yan, will you be giving the bak kut teh a go? Would love to hear your review on that.
So expensive!...Looks nice but bet it's nothing to shout about. You miss Rasa Sayang yet? Hahahahaha!!!
Zhang Zhu,
Have not seen the fruits yet. Will check out on Sunday. Must give it a try!
James,
Afraid would not be seeing you, though I have registered and paid for the Methodist Convention. I have to be back here by 2nd June!
ilene,
Probably tonight? The shop started business at 4 pm and is always packed. I passed by a few times!
STP,
The strange thing is I have forgotten Rasa Sayang. The Chinese said, "So busy that you forget your own surname!" - I am in this stage at the moment! He..he..
It does tempt me! It does.. I have never been to Sabah. I am sure we will love it there. :)
RM5.00 is really pricey for a bowl of noodle like that. It really deserve a big "AH". I think Sarawakiana is getting used to that type of price as in Miri, the price for food was not cheap also.
JoMel,
You will really like it here - the mountain, the sea, the islands, the seafood, the BKT! It's like heaven!
AA offers free seats now and then, even if it does not, I think the fare is pretty affordable.
Well, I think I should get a job at Sabah Tourism Board!
Post a Comment