My mum must had wonderful times with church friends in her last few years of her earthly life. I had never seen her singing on stage. And I was awed that she danced on stage too! These are two photographs I found in her drawer after she passed on. These photographs are now with me - in my treasured chest!
I remember as she lay there, with her frail body ravaged by cancer that was to take her to meet her Maker in heaven, she said, "I am in Masland Methodist Church." I saw such peace on her face. Then she slipped back into semi-consciousness. I never heard her saying another word.
Mum, the amazingly evergreen strong mother and doting grandmother, even as she battled he cancer cells, she never complained. She possessed that quiet confidence that God would see her through.
I remember as she lay there, with her frail body ravaged by cancer that was to take her to meet her Maker in heaven, she said, "I am in Masland Methodist Church." I saw such peace on her face. Then she slipped back into semi-consciousness. I never heard her saying another word.
Mum, the amazingly evergreen strong mother and doting grandmother, even as she battled he cancer cells, she never complained. She possessed that quiet confidence that God would see her through.
Yes, I miss my mum very much. Mother,
I know you’ve found a place,
much better than where,
we lived as family in warm embrace -
so why is my heart still bleeding to care?
I know you’ve found new friends there,
whose company you gladly share,
like those days when we stood for each other -
so why do I still yearn for you hither?
I know happy memories should suffice,
and I’ve them aplenty,
of moments you touched me deeply -
so why for more do I still crave and insist?
I know you lived a good life of seventy-three,
as a mother and teacher you nurtured me,
you were my clutch to trudge over difficulties -
so am I selfish to wish you live seventy-four or more?
I know you still love me – deep and tender,
but deeper and tenderer is my love for you, my mother,
I wish I had said it many times over when I should -
tell me mother, it’s not too late – show me how I could.
- Yan, for mother
much better than where,
we lived as family in warm embrace -
so why is my heart still bleeding to care?
I know you’ve found new friends there,
whose company you gladly share,
like those days when we stood for each other -
so why do I still yearn for you hither?
I know happy memories should suffice,
and I’ve them aplenty,
of moments you touched me deeply -
so why for more do I still crave and insist?
I know you lived a good life of seventy-three,
as a mother and teacher you nurtured me,
you were my clutch to trudge over difficulties -
so am I selfish to wish you live seventy-four or more?
I know you still love me – deep and tender,
but deeper and tenderer is my love for you, my mother,
I wish I had said it many times over when I should -
tell me mother, it’s not too late – show me how I could.
- Yan, for mother


10 comments:
Yan, you and I we pine for our departed mum. As much as we would love to have them around for an extra day or just a minute, we know that's not possible. But what we can do is cherish those wonderful moments together.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU YAN!
That's why we must cherish every moment with the ones we love while they are alive...as when they're gone, all we will have left are the memories to treasure.
A Happy Mother's Day to you, Yan...and to your mother-in-law too!
ilene,
Yes, our mothers never leave us. They stay in our hearts!
Blessed mothers' day.
suituapui,
Thank you for your wishes to my mum-in-law. I am baking a cake (now in the oven) for her for the dinner tonight.
Yes, our Mums live on in our memories and in our hearts.
Happy Mother's Day Yan!
Happy Mother's Day...and I am sure you will have great treasured memories of your mum in your heart always.....
She will be happy in Heaven knowing that she has a daughter like you!
Your mum will be proud to have a daughter like you. We must treasure the moments right now with those we care. Enjoy every single second together.
Happy Mother's Day to you, Yan! Not forgetting your mother in law as well. She is lucky to have a daughter in law like you. I bet she will enjoy the cake you baked for her very much.
dobbs,
Blessed Mothers' Day. Memories are precious! Especially the intimate, all-consuming attachment with our mothers! I am thankful to God for keeping all those beautiful memories. As shared earlier (in the blog?), I always ask God not to erase those beautiful memories of mine as I age.
Sarawakiana,
Blessed Parents' Day to you and Chris.
Someone said that when the bond between mother and daughter is strong and the mother has been an effective role model, then the daughter can experience her mother within herself as an inner strength.
And I have been blessed with my mum's strength - even today when she had left us!
Superman,
Yes, my mum was my spiritual teacher. She taught love by showing us respect, patience and tenderness. She lives in my heart, and in my memories!
Happy Parents' Day!
Post a Comment