
The restaurant is called "Little Italy Pasta and Pizza Corner". It's located at No. 23, Jalan Haji Saman, 88813 Kota Kinabalu, just round the corner of my office. For the past one month, each time I walked past, I told myself, "One day, I should dine here."
And there I was this afternoon, with who?

My son, Chris. Yes, Chris is here for a short stay. It means there is company. It also means I don't have to eat alone. It also means I can have something special to share with him!
Yes, the Pizza is delicious! The garlic bread is nice. The salad is heavenly. That's the set lunch they offer at RM19.90. The restaurant is always packed!

Orders are taken using PDA's! Very high tech.

I have one slice! And Chris has them all.

More than that, it's the shared meal. As Christian Pohl writes: "A shared meal is the activity most closely tied to the reality of God's Kingdom."
Today's thoughts - Having a good meal with loved ones or friends is a foretaste of heaven, a rehearsal of the day when we eat and drink at Jesus's table in His kingdom.
12 comments:
Yum! a meal with a loved one tastes twice as good!!
Pls share name of restaurant and location. Thanks!!
SAHM,
Just added in the address. That's the problem with amateur food reviewer! Ha, ha.
Food always taste better when dining with people you love.
Glad Chris is with you.
Enjoy Chris' visit! How nice he can be there, it's school hols for him yah? I hope you pack in as much as you can together before he heads back.
iml,
Eating with friends and loved ones is real joy. Then, who cares about the loaded calories? Ha, ha, eat first!
Bengbeng,
He will be back tomorrow!
bp,
Yes, it's school holidays. My sister and family were also here and 9 of them (sister has 4 plus 3 from her family, her husband) all stayed with me and Chris for one night! It was real noisy. But that keeps my apartment warm for a day.
Chris would board a plane alone back tomorrow!
My daughter loves Little Italy!...Why is Chris coming home so soon? Holiday one more week...!!!
So... soooooo delicious looking.. I feel hungry Yan. First it was the laksa, now this! I am soooo tempted to rummage my kitchen cupboards now!
What a lovely shared meal that was. :)
suituapui,
I think he finds it boring here - no TV, no computer, no friend and mum working day and night! He came here earlier with my sister on the 30th.
JoMel,
It was a nice meal. Meant for one person, but how could I finish? So, must share! Chris loves the pizza! Do you know you don't have to eat, it's also joyous and satisfying to see children eating!
Post a Comment