Aloysius, my colleague, invited me to the Harvest Festival Open House held at KDCA Penampang today.
It was quite an experience.
It was quite an experience.
Sitting first from right is the oldest member in the Open House. She is 90!
Gosh! I was invited to "sumazau"! I really could not quite believe I have the courage to dance in front of the crowd. I was told I could not turn down the invitation.
So, let's sumazau!
Sumazau is one of the most well known traditional dances in Sabah. It belongs to the Kadazandusun tribe. The movement and rhythm of this dance is elegantly soft and slow. The dancers, male and female, will face each other, move their feet in small movements and move their heels up and down to the beat of the music. While dancing the dancers will spread up their hands and move it up and down just like a bird spreading their wings to fly.
10 comments:
Can't spot you in the pics?
I mean where were you dancing?
Yan, what happened with the girl? Why did she lose control like that? Must have gotten quite a few stares from the crowd. You are so kind to show her some much needed comforting and love.
Sumazau... the way the ladies posed, looked familiar to me. Isn't that the same dance that my little mei-mei performed last year in her school concert which I posted in hopesafloating?
How was the dance you had? hehe. next time you can show use how to dance "sumazau". :)
Must have been interesting!!
James,
Sure the camera woman could not be in the picture lah! That was the second round of "semazau".
JoMel,
She felt the world is not fair to her. She is just a sweet young girl who needs a lot of love and support.
I am glad I did show a little of the love and support yesterday. A woman in the organizing committee was really very motherly and caring. I was touched. I did a small part only. Much to learn!
I think the women were graceful!
Superman,
If I say it was the first time in my life to dance, will you believe?
SAHM,
It was indeed interesting. I was carried away by the music though I did not understand a word of the lyrics!
Wah...next time we have a gathering, you can perform for us liao! Hahahahaha!!!!
Post a Comment