Friday, June 12, 2009

Eating well

Now I know, or I have long known. It’s universal. It’s cheaper to cook meals at home! Well, I have been doing that for the past two weeks. First, I only had a boiler and a kettle. The kettle you know is for boiling water. The boiler is for me to cook some instant noodles, boil eggs and boil some vegetables. And creatively, I also cook some nice soup in it. It’s pretty handy.

Then, the rice-cooker was in place on Monday. The rice-cooker can do more wonders! Yesterday, I steam some mixed minced beef and chicken with bread and egg and some Maggie seasoning – it’s heavenly! And of course, I cooked some rice. I still have some leftover for lunch today.

But, this Pizza surgeon invited me to lunch – of course at his Bus Stop Pizza. At this moment of writing, I am still thinking whether I should go – I am really not a Pizza person!

Now, what did I do this morning? If you have been following my blog, you would have known that I slipped and fell. I do not wish to “overwork” in the gym. So, I reduced the workout by 10 minutes today, whereas I did not go yesterday.

I thought I could do a walk to the central market with that extra ten minutes in hand. I ended buying these –

The kampong chicken (the stall owner said the chicken ran in the compound doing a lot of exercise, thus less fat). It’s RM14

The flower crabs. It’s only RM10 for four of these, considerably big.

The prawns at RM4

So, for the next few days I shall be eating well. I would have kampong chicken in herbal soup. Probably, half each time?

The flower crabs steamed with kuay-teow. Well, I have no wok to cook chilli crabs!

The prawns? For seafood pasta! (JoMel, this time it’s Pasta!)

Join me?

9 comments:

iml said...

Yes!don't mind if I do. Herbal soup with kampong chicken is nothing but nourishing.

Anonymous said...

Amazing how you can do cooking without a wet kitchen! My wife would always get headache after I cook - what a mess I would create, lol!

Anonymous said...

But I seldom cook these days - you know why? :)

suituapui said...

I guess you have a freezer?...You can buy a multi-purpose cooker - the one that I use for steamboat, can be used to fry things but using electricity - more expensive, of course.

Yan said...

iml,

If I could send through internet, I would gladly do so!

Yan said...

jameswong,

Yes, cleaning up is quite a task! I do have a space for kitchen, except I am thinking and thinking, calculating and counting how to best and most economical way to furnish my kitchen!

Yan said...

suituapui,

Sure, a small fridge! Or how can I eat all these food in one day! Buying a steamboat for one person to use? I think I should wait for the induction cooker from the company!

Jo said...

I love kampung chicken! Wish it's not so costly though. And when's pasta day? ;)

Yan said...

JoMel,
It's RM14 here. I thought it's quite cheap. Well, considering hearing a woman buying and bringing back to Sibu, it must be cheap lah..