Saturday, June 20, 2009

I never sing a song the same twice!

From the words of legendary Jazz musician Billie Holiday, "I never sing a song the same way twice," I experienced the magic of Jazz last night. Alone, but not really, for there was such a big crowd at the Tennis Arena at Sutera Marina Club!

The Organizing Chairman of The Third Annual Kota Kinabalu Jazz Festival, George Ngui was kind enough to personally send seven tickets to my office yesterday and assured me, “You will enjoy the night.

Indeed, it was an enjoyable night! More than that - It's nostalgic to me! And what's it?

Nostalgia. When did I learn of this ‘big’ word? When I have that burning yearning in me to walk into the time tunnel. When someone said if there is a time machine, he would buy one – for me. When I want to recover the irrecoverable.

Yes, that wistful dream. That sentimental journey within our mind. It’s just too brief to satisfy. Too clear to ignore. Too sentimental for words to describe. And, and, just too personal to share!

Last night the nostalgia’s net tightens around me. It just holds me close within my imaginary ropes of security.

Did I meet you there on my roads of memory? Charles Swindoll says,

If we meet together on the back roads of our memory, I will be so pleased – and I promise not to tell a soul. I’m good at keeping nostalgic secrets.

I am also good at keeping nostalgic secrets – it’s just too personal to share! But I can pass on a bit of nostalgia to you, give nostalgia a green signal, and enjoy it with me!

Watch how Sabah’s very own Jonathan Tse sing?



Watch also the group Six 2 Eight sing!


(Now, sorry, it took ages to upload the video! Let me do so again tomorrow or later in the night. Perhaps a picture of Six 2 Eight first?)



1 comment:

Ensurai said...

Jazz is a part one's life!!

Jazz is music which makes you happy and soulful at the same time.