Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Be Thou My Vision

Some of my friends in my "Facebook" know I "lost" my left eye vision some four weeks back. I "gained" back some vision, but it was never as perfect as it used to be. The doctor has allowed six weeks to review. My sister asked, "Do you worry?"

To say I don't is a lie. To say I do is "a woman of little faith".

Yes, I do. But, life goes on. I still look up to Him, the vision not so good though.

While He took some of my vision away, He also blesses me with the best environment to rest in His everlasting arms, while I still work, and even more productive, more enriching and more meaningful. And best of all, I begin to see more with my heart than with my eyes!

Here is one powerpoint presentation that my evergreen journalist, Raymond sent to me last night. I have read it before, but it gives me new insight as I view the powerpoint again. Hope, it also means something to you too! I am also posting the words here.

God's Clinic

I went to God's Clinic to have my routine check-up and I confirmed I was ill:

When God took my blood pressure, He saw I was low in tenderness.

When he read my temperature, the thermometer registered 40 degrees of anxiety.

He ran an electrocardiogram and found that I needed several "love bypasses" since my arteries were blocked with loneliness and could not provide for an empty heart.

I went to orthopedics, because I could not walk by my brother's side and I could not hug my friends, since I had fractured myself when tripping with envy.

He also found I was shortsighted, since I could not see beyond the shortcomings of my brothers and sisters.

When I complained about deafness, the diagnosis was that I had stopped listening to God's voice talking to me on a daily basis.

For all of that, God gave me a free consultation. Thanks to his merciflness. So my pledge is to, once I leave this clinic, only take the natural remedies he prescribed through his words of truth:

Every morning, take a full glass of gratitude

When getting to work, take one spoon of peace

Every hour, take one pill of patience, one cup of brotherhood and one glass of humility

When getting home, take one dose of love

When getting to bed, take two tablets of clear conscience

Do not give in to sadness or desperation for what you are going through today.

God knows how you feel...
God knows exactly with perfection
what is being allowed to happen to you in
your life at this precise moment

God's purpose for you is simply perfect.
He wants to show you things that only you can udnerstand
by living what you are living, and by being in the place you are now.

May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
and a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer.

11 comments:

doc said...

please tell me how i can apply to that clinic?

Yan said...

Hi, doc,

You don't need to apply to that clinic! The clinic is right there at your workplace.

stay-at-home mum said...

I am sorry to hear about your eye. Hope it will be good as before soon!!

Superman said...

Hope your eye will be better soon. Do take good care! Rest more and don't overwork.

Jo said...

Yan, my sister-in-law had some problem with her eyesight 2 years back.. she experienced blurry vision esp when she's reading. It got so bad that she had to take a break from her masters course in counselling. She then practiced Qi Gong under a master from China, and now, her eyesight is fully recovered. She attributed it to the Qi Gong exercises. Perhaps you might want to explore this option too?

ilene said...

Yan, I pray that your eyesight will improve as the days goes by. Take care Yan!

Ensurai said...

Hope God is speedily healing your Vision!!
May GBY.

JOEPSC said...

Hi Yan,

Sorry to hear about your left eye problem, but glad you now see more with your heart!

My cousin lost his left eye vision after a hole in the retina was discovered too late.. he saw lots of floaters prior to that.

be thou my vision said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your eye..I pray for your fast recovery.

be thou my vision said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your eye..I pray for your fast recovery.

be thou my vision said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your eye..I pray for your fast recovery.