I would not have agreed to such an expensive dinner if I were in Sibu. Well, it's Kota Kinabalu. Chris is going back today. So, last night, I asked, "What do you want to have for dinner?"
Chris said, "Seafood."
Seafood! I am ready to fork out some hard-earn money for the expensive seafood. Anyway, everything here is expensive.
So, here we are - Chris, my brother-in-law and me - three of us!

And food we ordered. Wet buttered prawns. Flower crabs fried with ginger and spring onions and the vegetables.



Pay-back time? RM125!
It was "painful", but I remember this
crab story.
The story and the company make it more bearable!
11 comments:
Wow! That looks so Yum too! But I thot we were told seafood was relatively cheap in KK? Was it becoz you went to a nice restaurant?
The crabs RM50. The prawns: RM35. The vege: RM10. Plus the rice, the tea and the tax it rounds up to RM125.
My bro-in-law said this is a reasonably priced restaurant. But, it worth it - for the company and for the good food.
Crabs are also one of my favourite seafood!
ooshh.. that is expensive, considering it is flower crab and not meat crab, and the prawns are small (or is it the angle of the photo?)...
Anyways.. the company made it worth the while. The son, happy, remember this meal, made it all the more worthwhile. :)
Whoever goes to KK MUST have the seafood. Expensive, yes...but very fresh and absolutely delicious! Btw, have you cooked the semi-giant prawns I shared with you? Nice or not?
I had seafood in KK. It is not cheap. However it is more fresh n the cooking style is different from Sibu. Worth it as we don't take it everyday :)
Just Me,
It's RM28 per kg in Sibu compared to RM50 here!
JoMel,
Ya, Chris is now like a gentleman! Remember just a year ago, he would cry every time I go travelling.
Children grow up so fast that just in a blink of an eye, they shall leave the nest. So, it's all worthwhile!
suituapui,
Yes, it's fresh and sweet!
Yes, have cooked the prawns that you gave me. A month ago, I held a farewell dinner for a reporter leaving the company (to do missionary work or pastoral works). And I cooked sweet and sour prawns. I did not have one because they all grabbed and finished up the dish!
BTW, thanks!
Bengbeng,
Yes, it's the cooking style. Like the buttered prawns is "wet buttered prawns" and eggs are not fried with crabs which is a norm in Sibu.
And I have to say, after being here for less than a month, I am not used to Sibu cooking which is loaded with generous spread of ajinomoto!
Yan, i can't help but smile reading yr reply. You have become a convert to KK style of cooking :)
But some folks do like to take a short cut to good taste, which is why they use lots of aji. It is so unnecessary bcoz their food tastes good oledi. On the other hand, perhaps some customers are already used to aji..without it they think it is no good.
We don't stock aji in the house not consciously but perhaps in some of the sauces we use
Post a Comment