Sunday, June 7, 2009

National Pesta Kaamatan Colours

I missed the State level Pesta Kaamatan celebrations. When I said I would not miss the national level Pasta Kaamatan Celebrations, my colleagues said, "It would not be as colourful as the State level's."

Here are the colours in a jazzy manner -

The 1Malaysia fans! The theme for the celebration - 1Malaysia. I grabbed hold of one for keep with the help of a little child. The singer (picture below) was distributing free while singing. The little girl standing in front of me rushed to the stage and grabbed one for me! Thanks, anak Sabah!

She has really been entertaining!

The stall showing the traditional food of Sabah.

The beauties.

The little one in the sling of a young dad.

The seniors!
Kadazan dancers from Papar performing the Sumazau


The future beauty queen!

The performers!

Musicians performing traditional songs portraying the various cultures in Malaysia

The Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman has earlier said that the festival was a manifestation of Sabah’s economy, social and culture and should be appreciated not only by the Kadazandusun and Murut (KDM) community but also the state’s multi-racial population.

So, besides being a cultural and entertainment event, it also had an important message - to enhance relations among Malaysians and Sabahans!

I did not wait for the red carpet welcome to the Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin. Well, I can read it in the newspaper tomorrow! See, someone reading my paper!


11 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

If I had known, I would have planned my trip for earlier!

Jo said...

Is that "Pasta" a Sabahan term for Pesta Yan? It's so colourful!

Yan said...

SAHM,

Oh yes, you missed that too. But nevermind, there are many other colours to see, touch and feel in Sabah! Welcoming you here!

Yan said...

JoMel,

Oh dear! It's pesta. In Sabah, it does not spell differently! I made a mistake - I must be thinking of your Seafood Pasta salad. See, how "disastrous" it can be when you live to eat or eat to live :)

Ensurai said...

From what I see Sabahans are able to throw good parties and put up great shows!

Jo said...

Hahaha Yan. It's funny after I posted my seafood pasta and when I came to your blog seeing the word "pasta" in your title too. I thought, "oh. How coincidental!" Lol! Sorry for the major distraction hehe

Yan said...

Must cook pasta tomorrow - the seafood one! Or pesta shall always turn out to be pasta!

Yan said...

sarawakiana,

Indeed they are! Kadazans are very very friendly and creative people. I missed their open house on 30th and 31st, now I have been invited to another one on 14th June! Yay!

Jo said...

Yan.. I forgot to add: lemon. Squeeze some lemon into the pasta salad for some tang.. it's gorgeous even eaten cold from the fridge the next day!

suituapui said...

Spotter another typo - Papar, not Paper...the place in Sabah

Yan said...

STP,

Thank you!