Friday, November 20, 2009

Food for thoughts

My mum used to take a lot of those "grasses" or herbs said to have different medicinal values. There are plenty of these along Gaya Street. The picture below shows two types, the front one is labeled as good for kidney, the other one was not labeled!

Incidentally I also these sour sop. Someone told me that sour sop is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer. How true it is, I don't know!

Incidentally, I read this article on "Skin Food" that I lifted from Malaysia Airlines' inflight magazine -

Skin Food
(Beauty products that contain ingredients mentioned in the Bible)

Product: Almond Apple Velvet Eye Gel
Ingredients: Almond and apple
Almonds were packed (among other 'best products of the land') as gifts for the Prime Minister of Egypt, Joseph, in the book of Gensis

Product: Be Delicious Men
Ingredient: Apple
Apple trees are mentioned mostly in the Old Testament, most often in Song of Solomon, a 'songbook' written by King Solomon.

Product: AGe Fitness Pre-Age Milky Lotion
Ingredient: Olive
The olive tree was first mentioned in the bible when Noah sent a dove from his boat after a 4o-day flood, and the bird returned witha leaft from an olive tree, a symbol that the rain has stopped.

Strangely, these products news were classified under "religion". Hmmm... food for thoughts!

4 comments:

Ensurai said...

The Bible is also a good source of nature's cures.

Interesting post...would like to know more...thanks.

ilene said...

Food products classified under "religion"?! hmmm...

I've been hunting for sour sop over here but there seems none. One of my favorites. Thanks for sharing Yan.

bp said...

hi Yan, thanks for coming by despite your busy schedules, i am really thankful for the friend in u, and continue to catch your wise words and heartfelt sharing via the reader.

have a well-deserved year-end break with Chris in Korea! will your husband be joining u? and if n when u come to the northwest, u have to let me know! promise? i'm serious too :) n i also look fwd to when i can meet up with u, sahm, jo, wtt...

Jo said...

That soursop is very nice!! I had it many times before, juiced and ice cubes added. Very refreshing drink.