Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Before it's too late

We launched our Newspaper In Education (NIE) program in Sabah this morning. Read the news from the national news agency here.

One for the album!

And the feel of young and carefree days for yours truly!


And some wise words from the searcher to the young ones -

Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come, and the years draw nigh, when you will say, "I have no pleasure in them." (Ecclesiastes 12:1 RSV)

The thought is: recall God's presence daily; live in a relationship with him; seek to discover the greatness and glories of God while you are still young, before it is too late.



5 comments:

Superman said...

Nice event there. You look happy with those young ones. Must have enjoyed the day. Must be very busy before that for the launching of the program.

suituapui said...

Good luck! Hope they'll pick up the habit. If you ask the students these days, they will tell you that they never read newspapers...in whatever language, even though they may have Chinese newspapers at home. General knowledge, nil!!!

Yan said...

Superman,

Now you know why I have not got "tired" of life in KK, away from home though!

Yan said...

suituapui,

With the support from teachers - I am confident that it works well in Sabah! I have just run a train-the-teachers' session today. I must say I have been amazed by the creativity and enthusiasm of the teachers!

Ensurai said...

Good efforts will win hearts.

Teachers with hearts with generate a new generation of good learners....

Wisdom comes from God.