Saturday, November 7, 2009

7-Eleven thoughts

I "painted" the sky on 7-Eleven day

It's my 7-Eleven birthday today. It was like only yesterday - yet a year has passed - just like that.

Stepping out of my comfort zone in May this year, my eyes are opened to this truth -

And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered:
"I am young in years,
and you are aged;
therefore I was timid and afraid
to declare my opinion to you.
I said, 'Let days speak,
and many years teach wisdom.'
But it is the spirit in a man,
the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand.
It is not the old that are wise,
nor the aged that understand what is right.
Therefore I say, 'Listen to me;
let me also declare my opinion.'" (Job 32:6-10 RSV)

Indeed, it is not the accumulation of the years of experience that makes people wise. It is what God has taught them through the years.

God can teach the young ones as much as older ones.

When we can speak from the wisdom of God then we can truly be wise, regardless of what our calendar age may be. I know we who have been young a long time tend to think it is the years that have made us wise! If we are wise at all, it is not.

(Interesting: In Australia, on November 7, a free Slurpee is given to any customer saying Happy 7-Eleven Day to the person behind the counter between the hours of 7 a.m. and 11 p.m. It is unofficially known as '7-Eleven Day (7-11)'. My two children will definitely say, "Yay, slurpee...)

3 comments:

doc said...

have a blessed birthday!

Ensurai said...

Hi

Happy 7/11

Each time we see 7/11 we think of you....where's my free slurpee?


hahahaha...

suituapui said...

No free slurpee in KK's 7/11??? I thought it's worldwide?