
When Mexico sneezes, the whole world catches the flu. Isn't it how the whole world's economy being shaped by US economy?
I googled for a "sneeze" photograph for I do not have one in file. And found this T-shirt business! Will you buy one? I am amazed that not only is the pharmacy stores making money from "masks", souvenir and gift shops have also much to offer from "flu" business!
Sneeze more?
When we sneeze, those around us will say, "Bless you!" or "God Bless you!". In those innocent young days I asked around the reason to say "Bless you". I was told by my "ang-moh" friends that when you sneeze, something evil could enter your body, so you say "Bless you" to scare this evil away. I have stopped saying that for a long, long time.
I have also learnt about some other sneezes all around the world.
When you sneeze, someone say, "May our hopes (or dreams) come true" or "to your wishes". There are even meaning on the number of sneezes. If you sneeze once, it means you are being praised. The second time, you are being detested, third time, you are being admired and the fourth time, you are going to catch a cold!
Back to Mexico where the sneeze began. In Mexico, the first sneeze means health, the second one means money, the third one means love and the last one means allergies - that I googled a while ago. How true it is I don't know!
When we sneeze, we say "excuse me". It usually does not cause much raising of eyebrows when Mexico has not started to sneeze! I was in the steam room of the gym this morning. The steam blowing out made me cough two small coughs. The other lady in the room who had just walked in, stood up and left! No, no A(H1N1) bugs flying around. I only have me, myself and I in the steam room!
I like the way my good friend in Singapore put it in an email to me two days ago -
Good time to avoid ang mohs now.
But who am I to say - there are more than 1000 cases in Singapore now.
I wanted to cancel a previously scheduled meeting in Taipei this weekend.
But on reflection, the Taiwanese should probably be more concerned that I am
arriving.
I googled for a "sneeze" photograph for I do not have one in file. And found this T-shirt business! Will you buy one? I am amazed that not only is the pharmacy stores making money from "masks", souvenir and gift shops have also much to offer from "flu" business!
Sneeze more?
When we sneeze, those around us will say, "Bless you!" or "God Bless you!". In those innocent young days I asked around the reason to say "Bless you". I was told by my "ang-moh" friends that when you sneeze, something evil could enter your body, so you say "Bless you" to scare this evil away. I have stopped saying that for a long, long time.
I have also learnt about some other sneezes all around the world.
When you sneeze, someone say, "May our hopes (or dreams) come true" or "to your wishes". There are even meaning on the number of sneezes. If you sneeze once, it means you are being praised. The second time, you are being detested, third time, you are being admired and the fourth time, you are going to catch a cold!
Back to Mexico where the sneeze began. In Mexico, the first sneeze means health, the second one means money, the third one means love and the last one means allergies - that I googled a while ago. How true it is I don't know!
When we sneeze, we say "excuse me". It usually does not cause much raising of eyebrows when Mexico has not started to sneeze! I was in the steam room of the gym this morning. The steam blowing out made me cough two small coughs. The other lady in the room who had just walked in, stood up and left! No, no A(H1N1) bugs flying around. I only have me, myself and I in the steam room!
I like the way my good friend in Singapore put it in an email to me two days ago -
Good time to avoid ang mohs now.
But who am I to say - there are more than 1000 cases in Singapore now.
I wanted to cancel a previously scheduled meeting in Taipei this weekend.
But on reflection, the Taiwanese should probably be more concerned that I am
arriving.
Well, it's just a sneeze, don't keep me in a distance!
(This post has been an inspiration by SAHM's great post. Learn a new term from sneezing - social distancing, that is!)
16 comments:
I sneezed three times just a moment ago. someone loves me? or I love someone? :)
When I cannot get hold of a tissue in time, I would pinch my nose and supress the sneeze. Don't want to get those unwanted stares & distancing.
wah! Now my head sooo big(since you said my post was great) the next time I sneeze, i am sure the rest of the world will catch my cold!! haha!!
I try to turn in the direction where there is no one when i sneeze if I cant get hold of a tissue in time!!
viagra for cheap viagra soft tabs viagra cialis levitra watermelon viagra viagra generic effect of viagra on women viagra overdose viagra canada free sample prescription for viagra viagra lawyer ohio buy online viagra buy viagra without prescription viagra generique buy viagra in london england
dating sim games [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]americansingles[/url] ct singles http://loveepicentre.com/ what is updating antivirus signatures
car audio equipment for gmc [url=http://www.cardvdplanet.com/car-dvd-with-fmam-bluetooth-player-discount-price94.html]auto audio las vegas[/url] hyundai car audio system http://www.cardvdplanet.com/wholesale-5pcs-lot-3-5-inch-tft-car-dvd-and-tv--discount-price65.html chrysler concorder factory car audio amplifier
honda accord car audio forum [url=http://www.cardvdplanet.com/car-cd-mp3-player-with-usb-sd-mmc-cd147--discount-price56.html]discount auto dvd player[/url] auto dvd player portable http://www.cardvdplanet.com/buy-cheap-car-dvd7.html apex auto dvd
ho auto audio [url=http://www.cardvdplanet.com/2-din-car-dvd-online-store2.html]aams auto audio mastering system[/url] car audio equipment for gmc http://www.cardvdplanet.com/?action=products&save_s_prm=1&pr_sort_=title auto audio for sale
newest dental filling [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/allegra.htm]allegra[/url] calcium deposits in speen is it dangious http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/viagra.htm e liquid natural vitamin wholesale http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/antivirale.htm
low alkaline diet [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/cok-n--energy-and-sensory-enhancer-.htm]cok n energy and sensory enhancer[/url] high mag cattle mineral [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/b.htm]menu for obese diabetes patients[/url]
http://sakuracrisis.ukepile.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=51157 http://www.agoal.it/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317476#317476 http://tarassiouk.com/forumkredit/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70723 http://forum.digicomp.ch/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9843
http://www.mgalaxy.com/forum/index.php?topic=25954.new#new http://www.eqwow.eu/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4979 http://www.sudandot.net/pb/viewtopic.php?pid=456152#p456152 http://myladydragon.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3434
http://mjsaquitaine.fr/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11160 http://hatikva-tamid.info/elpaises/index.php?topic=7383.new#new http://www.invi-card.com/cgi-bin/cs/main.cgi?board=insa&command=guest_email&textnum=1011755238
grilled chicken breast calories [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/diamox.htm]diamox[/url] happy i quit smoking http://usadrugstoretoday.com/testimonials.htm
long acting cold medicine with sudafed [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/anti-acidite.htm]anti acidite[/url] vaginal sebaceous gland [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/plan-b.htm ]chrystler mini van trouble shoot [/url] swollen inflamed blood vessels
dr thurman md alternative medicine [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/index.php?lng=fr&cv=eu]Buy generic and brand medications[/url] eucharist body and blood of christ http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/antivirali.htm
sting fortress around your heart [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/sleeping-aid.htm]sleeping aid[/url] equate baby aspirin [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/x.htm ]diabetes projections [/url] heart vibration under left arm
patrick ewing basketball shoes http://luxefashion.us/d-amp-g-alpacino-scarface-t-shirt-for-men-white-item2267.html joe klein real estate tallman ny [url=http://luxefashion.us/brown-white-roberto-cavalli-color218.html]discount medical shoes crocs[/url] nerve pain wearing high heel shoes
http://luxefashion.us/skirts-on-sale-category96.html famous designer evening gowns [url=http://luxefashion.us/roberto-cavalli-jeans-cut-pants-for-women-blue--item2561.html]software life cycle model for shoes[/url]
as is florida bill of sale automobile http://pqx.in/daihatsu/daihatsu/gran/max/accessories list all automobile manuf
[url=http://pqx.in/kawasaki/kawasaki/prairie/kebc/problems]horse racing channel[/url] boston automobile show [url=http://pqx.in/mazda/garoman/mccracken/mazda]garoman mccracken mazda[/url]
automobile history packerd http://pqx.in/buick/troubleshooting/1993/buick/lesabre/no/distributor/signal
[url=http://pqx.in/bike/bike/holanda/up/ride]bric automobile[/url] compass digital automobile [url=http://pqx.in/ford/pidgeon/ford]pidgeon ford[/url]
archduke franz ferdinand automobile http://pqx.in/mazda/foothills/mazda
[url=http://pqx.in/buick/buick/el/camino]rear bumper scratch pad for 2005 2008 dodge magnum[/url] automobile maintenance guide [url=http://pqx.in/isuzu/champion/isuzu/gulf/fwy]champion isuzu gulf fwy[/url]
movie trivia questions and answers [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_rigged/]rigged[/url] movie clips of unfaithful diane lane http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_futuropolis/ predator 2 movie sound clips
killing me softly movie ending [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_dear_ruth/]dear ruth[/url] movie theater san antonio http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_grumpier_old_men/ dodge ball the movie
car from movie just visiting [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_muppet_treasure_island/]muppet treasure island[/url] movie iaccessories
free movie net [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_chariots_of_fire/]chariots of fire[/url] potter flash movie http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_alice_upside_down/ free porn download movie
mehta group launches drink in movie corporate [url=http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_iron_man/]iron man[/url] marigold hindi movie http://moviestrawberry.com/films/film_popeye/ movie we were soldiers
I think than this post is really nice. I will definitely recommend it to my friends.
“The way to get good ideas is to get lots of ideas, and throw the bad ones away” You have defenitely thrown the worst away!
treaty search
[url=http://vimeo.com/user4498961]price for hotels
[/url]skytrax
borgata pension
disabled settlement
[url=http://www.earthday.org/users/48490]hotel special price
[/url]ms access hotel booking
secure a contain cheap
penny-pinching internet
[url=http://www.fairview.org/cty/members/klemot/default.aspx]hotel price match
[/url]uk inn
margin motel booking
hotel bishopric assembly
[url=http://www.youthcabinet.org/profile/Josh]pick your price hotel
[/url]hotel booking engines
top 10 airlines
close b & b
[url=http://www.beautyresearch.com/blogs/alexa/archive/2010/08/15/hotels-and-accomodations.aspx]george hotel shipston on stour
[/url]match hotels
munnar hotels
moniker own amount caravanserai
[url=http://www.mazdacommunity.com/profiles/blogs/special-hotel-offers-or]cheap airport hotel
[/url]housing sa
online hotel hedging
function class booking
Rather cool place you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such topics and anything connected to this matter. I would like to read more on that blog soon.
Joan Kuree
Post a Comment