I touched the books. I felt the books. I smelled them. I flipped through them. And just fell in love with them. He had earlier mailed the front book (in the picture), JournoLISTS authored by himself to me.
How could I not love these books? I like this comment from Alan Rushridger, Editor-in-Chief, Guardian on the Harry Evans, author of one of the books, Essential English for Journalists, Editors and Writers -
Harry Evans is the journalist we all wanted to be. He could write, sub, design, re-write, think - everything short of standing on the streets and selling the paper himself. Essential English has for generations been the bible of any aspiring Harry Evans. It is as fresh today as it was when it was published nearly thirty years ago.
For the next one month, I shall be back to classroom and could I be an aspiring Harry Evans?
12 comments:
Hi Yan, outstanding! Go make a name for yourself, leave your footprints like Harry Evans....you can do it. Lee.
Good Morning Yan, greetings from IPOH..
I love to read books as well, but only fiction books.. lol.. anything thrilling, mysterious, I am in... too bad my favorite author of all times, Sidney Sheldon has passed on.. I love reading all his books and at times, I still take them out to read again and again...
Hi
I like your spirit on this darkened and storm impending morning...we share nearness of a coastline. But over your side the sun is probably shining brighter because you are there!!
Cheers to your great month of "classroom learning"!
Uncle Lee,
A little late to make a name! But will do the best I can! Thanks for dropping by and give that "jia-you", or a push!
reanaclaire,
Good afternoon! I do read Sydney's occasionally, picking up from my daughter's collections. See, how old I am!
sarawakiana,
True, the sun is shinning today here!
When are you dropping by? If you are on facebook (are you?), I have posted my sunset cruise over the weekend - you will love the magnificent creation of the creator!
I love the smell of new books...and new currency notes too! Ummmm...!!! LOL!!!
suituapui,
For that matter - I also like the smell of new currency notes. Ha, ha, great minds like alike, if there's is such a term.
you could if you would.
Eh.. we are so alike lah. I also like the smell of new currency notes leh. *grins*
JoMel,
We got to smell new currency notes only once a year during CNY. But we give them away - so only good enough to smell! Ha, ha.
Still, it's a blessing to be able to give!
i think both of us are almost as "young" hehehee...
Would very much like to read those books too. Any where to buy or can you lend me one day?
Post a Comment