I am expecting a media consultant, also long-time friend, from UK to join my team in Sabah for a month starting end of July. More than 20 years ago, Cedric was in Sarawak training the journalists. I attended his class too.
This time around, he came again - at my invitation and for the good memories of people here. I could not afford to pay an international media consultant, trainer and author at this stage. He is kind to just take a token sum, an economy airticket, a moderate accommodation - and we are settled.
I am touched!
We are in the last stage of preparation. Yesterday, I got his airticket ready and emailed him the details. He linked me to his consultancy website asking me to have a look at how he looks like after over 20 years, with this note -
This time around, he came again - at my invitation and for the good memories of people here. I could not afford to pay an international media consultant, trainer and author at this stage. He is kind to just take a token sum, an economy airticket, a moderate accommodation - and we are settled.
I am touched!
We are in the last stage of preparation. Yesterday, I got his airticket ready and emailed him the details. He linked me to his consultancy website asking me to have a look at how he looks like after over 20 years, with this note -
I'm afraid we may not recognise each other after so long, but you could find current pix of myself here (the link).
I wrote, "Should I also send you a picture so that you can recognise me at the airport? Here you are."
It made my day when this came to my mailbox this morning,
"You don't appear to have changed!"
After 20 years? I must be in this land of Jim Reeves:
Where We'll Never Grow old
I have heard of a land on the faraway strand
This a beautiful home of the soul
Built by Jesus on high
there we never shall die
This the land where we'll never grow old
Never grow old never grow old
in the land where we'll never grow old
Never grow old never grow old
In the land where we'll never grow old
When our work here is done
And the life's crown is won
And our troubles and trials are o'er
All our sorrow will end
And our voices will blend
With the loved ones who've gone on before
Never grow old...
For that good feeling, I had this for breakfast! The KFC twisties and my own Nescafe!
4 comments:
Sigh! Can't say the same about me! 20 years ago... But at least, still young at heart and mentally-active unlike many my age. Two out of three ain't bad! LOL!!!
STP,
You are like RT, the evergreen one! So, no worry! My son Chris said that RT is like 30. With that RT said Chris is the honest boy in the story of the Emperior's New Cloth - the most honest boy! LOL
Yan, that is such a huge compliment! It must be the youthfulness in your heart that shows in your face too!
Ha, ha, really huge and tall compliments. You know what? Women feed on such compliments! And I am just one of those "vain" ones! But, that really makes us more youthful - being happy.
Post a Comment