"With Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storm,
Smile at the storm, smile at the storm,
With Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storm,
Until he takes me home.
Sailing, sailing home, sailing, sailing home!
With Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storm,
Until he takes me home."
Smile at the storm, smile at the storm,
With Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storm,
Until he takes me home.
Sailing, sailing home, sailing, sailing home!
With Christ in the vessel I can smile at the storm,
Until he takes me home."
The second song is similar:
"Over the sea, over the sea,
Jesus my Savior will pilot me,
Over the sea, over the sea,
Over the stormy sea.
Over and over, like a mighty sea,
Comes the love of Jesus, sweeping over me!"
If you were on my Facebook, you knew I went for a sunset cruise on Saturday. I have posted many pictures in the Facebook last night. And if you were on regular visits to my blog you would probably know that I lost part of my left eye sight, and am still under treatment.
When I was not seeing any number on the screen during the first visit to the eye doctor, my heart cried to the Lord to demand an explanation what I was going through. I wanted to rest my peace upon certain knowledge of what was happening. While tears welled my eyes, I remember these words -
I did not quite understand - I have overcome the world - though. But life goes on and there is not a day that I wake up not seeing His grace.
During the cruise, as I looked at the sea through the glass of white wine in hand, I experienced a different kind of understanding about peace. The sea was rough, but the wine in the glass remained unshaken.
The wine in the glass was telling me - in Him you have peace. That's what the Lord meant by "I have overcome the world!
"You can have my peace," Jesus says, "My sense of security," which rests not in the circumstances (the rough sea), not in the understanding of the circumstances that we so crave, but in a confidence that the One who is guiding the circumstances knows what He is doing.
After the dazzling horizon, night fell. The peace remains!

Jesus my Savior will pilot me,
Over the sea, over the sea,
Over the stormy sea.
Over and over, like a mighty sea,
Comes the love of Jesus, sweeping over me!"
If you were on my Facebook, you knew I went for a sunset cruise on Saturday. I have posted many pictures in the Facebook last night. And if you were on regular visits to my blog you would probably know that I lost part of my left eye sight, and am still under treatment.
When I was not seeing any number on the screen during the first visit to the eye doctor, my heart cried to the Lord to demand an explanation what I was going through. I wanted to rest my peace upon certain knowledge of what was happening. While tears welled my eyes, I remember these words -
I have told you these things,
so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world
(John 16:33)
so that in me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble. But take heart!
I have overcome the world
(John 16:33)
I did not quite understand - I have overcome the world - though. But life goes on and there is not a day that I wake up not seeing His grace.
During the cruise, as I looked at the sea through the glass of white wine in hand, I experienced a different kind of understanding about peace. The sea was rough, but the wine in the glass remained unshaken.
The wine in the glass was telling me - in Him you have peace. That's what the Lord meant by "I have overcome the world!
"You can have my peace," Jesus says, "My sense of security," which rests not in the circumstances (the rough sea), not in the understanding of the circumstances that we so crave, but in a confidence that the One who is guiding the circumstances knows what He is doing.
After the dazzling horizon, night fell. The peace remains!
3 comments:
Reading your post and to regards to our challenges in life reminded me of this song.."when troubles come, I trust in You, For I know You will see me through, And I know You are faithful till the end.... "
this song always used to well up my eyes whenever it was sung in church especially the chorus line,"Here on Your Promises I stand, YOU hold my future in Your Hands...."
Those lines are my stronghold in life... whatever happens, He holds my future...for I do not know what lies ahead of me...
Have a nice day, Yan..God Bless..
reanaclaire,
Thank you for your contributions to my post! It's indeed an encouragement.
I like this song too -
I don't know about tomorrow,
I just live from day to day.
I don't borrow from it's sunshine,
For it's skies may turn to gray.
I don't worry o'er the future,
For I know what Jesus said,
And today I'll walk beside Him,
For He knows what is ahead.
Refrain
Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.
Ev'ry step is getting brighter,
As the golden stairs I climb;
Ev'ry burden's getting lighter;
Ev'ry cloud is silver lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eyes,
At the ending of the rainbow,
Where the mountains touch the sky.
I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.
I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood.
yes.. the wordings are very meaningful..sometimes when we sing, the words made us teary..
Post a Comment