I loved sitting by the jetty with my legs dangling down. Mum always reminded me - take off the shoes in case you dropped your shoes into the river!
Munching my chicken twist which I packed from KFC, it was a real peace looking at the activities in the sea.
I remember this poem - author unknown -
And were the skies of parchment made,
We are every stalk on earth a quill,
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
Would drain the ocean dry.
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
Though stretched from sky to sky.
6 comments:
I commented on Facebook liao!...I love Kanowit - that was my first posting as a teacher!!!
I like the photos of your feet dangling ......good feeling....lots of freedom...if you tie your shoe laces properly the shoes won't drop off.
Your mother had kind thoughts.
suituapui,
Read that in my facebook! You went to Kanowit far later than my years there. I was there in the 60s, not yet going to school. But, strange, I can remember very well those days. My elder brother is 2 years older than me, but mum carried him all the time, for I am a "better" child who was more independent. He..he..
sarawakiana,
Hey, those days, where got shoes with laces, only slippers leh... Ha, ha! Probably that was part of the reason that I dreamt of dropping into the river for many years. Today, I was also scare that by accident, my shoes fell into the sea, or the camera dropped!
how lovely Yan. I wish we have access to such a scene near where we live. We will surely have breakfasts by the jetty too! Lovely.
Any time spent by the sea is lovely ... I am a sun sea, and sand person!!
Post a Comment