I have been here for in Sabah for more than one month. This has been my song for the evening after work. It's "An Evening Prayer" by Jim Reeves.If I have wounded some poor soul today,
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own willful way,
Dear Lord, forgive.
If I have uttered idle words in vain,
If I have turned aside from want or pain,
Lest I offend some other through the strain,
Dear Lord, forgive.
Forgive these sins I have confessed to Thee,
Forgive the secret sins I do not see,
Guide me, love me and my keeper be,
Dear Lord, forgive...
If I have caused one foot to go astray,
If I have walked in my own willful way,
Dear Lord, forgive.
If I have uttered idle words in vain,
If I have turned aside from want or pain,
Lest I offend some other through the strain,
Dear Lord, forgive.
Forgive these sins I have confessed to Thee,
Forgive the secret sins I do not see,
Guide me, love me and my keeper be,
Dear Lord, forgive...
3 comments:
Hi Yan , thats a beautiful song.
I am not a Christian, but young school days learned the song, "Rock of ages"....and I still enjoy the song today.
You keep well and have a pleasant week, Lee.
I guess its a song that everyone should be singing at the end of every day.
I know so many songs including those by Jim Reeves but not this one. I do know his "May the good Lord bless and keep you"...and I dedicate this one to you. Now, off to youtube to see if I can find the song... LOL!!!
Post a Comment