
A good friend shared this story with me a while ago -
An old Scotsman inadvertently dropped a gold sovereign in the collection bag at a church service.
In Scotland, when they take up the offering the ushers use a long pole with a bag on the end of it which they pass among the pews.
This old Scotsman put in a gold sovereign by mistake when he meant to put in only a shilling. As soon as he realized his mistake he tried to retrieve his sovereign.
But the usher pulled the bag back and said, "Nah, once in, always in!"
The old man said, "Ah well, I'll get credit for it in glory."
The usher replied, "Nah, you'll get credit for the shilling!"
That is all the old man intended to give.
P.S The picture story:
That's Chris' offering hand. He had a fine crack on his left wrist in an accident while playing basketball last Thursday. Mummy's brave boy! But that leads to another story, I re-visited it and thought you would like it too, I promise you, you won't regret linking from here, Oh Dear!
P.S. A nagging one -
I shall be going to SingLand (that's where SAHM is!) for a week starting 1st October! I shall be in a "Lead like Jesus Leadership Encounter" facilitated by Ken Blanchard for some spiritual nourishment while also enjoying a short break with hubby! Don't check in here until I am back! Enjoy your Moon Cake Festival!
An old Scotsman inadvertently dropped a gold sovereign in the collection bag at a church service.
In Scotland, when they take up the offering the ushers use a long pole with a bag on the end of it which they pass among the pews.
This old Scotsman put in a gold sovereign by mistake when he meant to put in only a shilling. As soon as he realized his mistake he tried to retrieve his sovereign.
But the usher pulled the bag back and said, "Nah, once in, always in!"
The old man said, "Ah well, I'll get credit for it in glory."
The usher replied, "Nah, you'll get credit for the shilling!"
That is all the old man intended to give.
P.S The picture story:
That's Chris' offering hand. He had a fine crack on his left wrist in an accident while playing basketball last Thursday. Mummy's brave boy! But that leads to another story, I re-visited it and thought you would like it too, I promise you, you won't regret linking from here, Oh Dear!
P.S. A nagging one -
I shall be going to SingLand (that's where SAHM is!) for a week starting 1st October! I shall be in a "Lead like Jesus Leadership Encounter" facilitated by Ken Blanchard for some spiritual nourishment while also enjoying a short break with hubby! Don't check in here until I am back! Enjoy your Moon Cake Festival!
7 comments:
You deserve the break Yan. You of all people I know. Haha..
Have a good one. Enjoy. And Happy Mooncake Festival. Remember to watch the full moon. :) *HUGS*
JoMel,
Wow, you change your picture again! This one looks like a young school girl!
Surely the moon is bigger in Singapore - that's what I think because I had happy times with my mum and Rachel there many years back!
I'm so vain, can you tell? *grin*
My memories of Singapore is bittersweet. Enjoy Singgieland. Enjoy enjoy!! :)
Have a nice break in Singapore and enjoy your stay there! You deserve a good break after working so hard everyday and night.
Happy Mooncake Festival! (in advance). Hehe.
JoMel,
All women are "vain". Rachel said she wanted to be a plastic surgeon to earn the money of all the vain women and to work as missionary doctor! How noble of her - for the second part of her wishes! The first part? I won't comment, he..he..
Superman,
Thank you! See you in Sibu soon!
Benghui so happy to hear he will b getting a new t shirt. he mostly wears cast me downs from his seniors in the extended family :)
Post a Comment