Monday, September 21, 2009

Something to show off!

(Reuters Picture)

I seldom go beyond my "black and white" comfort zone on outfits. Well, I am a boring person, I guess.

One day, many months ago, through the encouragement of my best friend, Sandra, I bought a "hot-pink" blouse. I first wore it to my pastor's house for a discussion on the church's magazine. My pastor remarked, "This is a nice colour. It's Michelle Obama's colour." Then, I went to a "high-power" board meeting related to journalism, the other woman who was in the board with me also gave the same remark.

I "googled" Michelle Obama's fashion - and here's the dress that they were referring to. Incidentally, Michelle wore it to the White House Correspondents' Dinner! Seem like "hot-pink" is very news friendly!

In Sabah, added to my job is reading tomorrow's news today. And it's from cover to cover! I see more colours of Michelle Obama. It's not too much of interest to me, but it's my job to read! We all like to see beautiful things - boring I may be, I also love to see beautiful things. Just as I wonder how Michelle tone her beautiful arms, shoulders and biceps, her secrets were featured in an article recently!

Michelle surely has shapely upper arms. Even her husband the President made a cute little joke during the same dinner about the First Lady’s shapely upper arms - that Michelle has the right to bare arms. And the evening’s performer, comedian Wanda Sykes, cracked a controversial joke that tickled me:

“How dare you people give her grief about showing her arms. The country’s broke! Sleeves cost money!”

She does have something to show off! Now, how does she keep the arms shapely that the President can talk about it over a dinner with journalists?

She hits the gym nearly every day with the President often before the sun rises above Washington.

That's it.

But Michelle has more to show off. See how the article ends,

And while her arms are enviable, it is even more impressive that they are part of an intelligent woman who puts a healthy diet and fitness at the top of her agenda.

4 comments:

Lemuel L said...

Hi, Yan,

That's a good read! I like the picture that goes with it. The pink and the muscles tell all! You are really one who never fails to amaze me!

Yan said...

Lemuel,

You have been very kind! I also like that picture - actually it's the picture that helped me with the words!

Jo said...

Yan, you look good in brighter colours, and should wear them more often. Colours affect my mood. You'd see me in black only on days when I just felt like hiding under the duvet the entire day. haha

Well, Mrs Obama's arms are definitely enviable, and those muscles take a long consistent effort to build. Pain pain pain is all that comes to my mind. LOL! :D

Superman said...

I guess you always have the early edition of the news. I always wanted to wake up early in the morning to do exercise but I never managed to wake up so early. Sigh...
Michelle really have a strong arms with muscle.