Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along,
listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.
--Winnie the Pooh
--Winnie the Pooh
I must admit that I'm a workaholic at heart. But I'm in good company. It means "there is a holy host of others standing around me". James Taylor said that.
It's hard to get me to rest. But as said there is a "holy host of others" standing around me. Few days ago, I wrote in my facebook, "Working on a holiday". A friend who is highly successful in his medical field, yet taking off to wildlife shooting experience, commented, "That's not new to you." He is surely one of the holy hosts! And then, there is JoMel who always enjoys a nice coffee in between her busy schedule, even a durian session by the roadside! (was it?) And SAHM enjoying her baking!
So, what's new to me now? This is my Sunday and also first day of Hari Raya!
I took a stroll to the Jesselton Point which is about 10-minute walk from my place. I spent about half an hour sitting here enjoying the sun, breeze, holiday makers passing by and the ships come and go!
It's hard to get me to rest. But as said there is a "holy host of others" standing around me. Few days ago, I wrote in my facebook, "Working on a holiday". A friend who is highly successful in his medical field, yet taking off to wildlife shooting experience, commented, "That's not new to you." He is surely one of the holy hosts! And then, there is JoMel who always enjoys a nice coffee in between her busy schedule, even a durian session by the roadside! (was it?) And SAHM enjoying her baking!
So, what's new to me now? This is my Sunday and also first day of Hari Raya!
I took a stroll to the Jesselton Point which is about 10-minute walk from my place. I spent about half an hour sitting here enjoying the sun, breeze, holiday makers passing by and the ships come and go!
Unless the Lord builds the house,
its builders labor in vain.
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen watch in vain.
In vain you rise early and stay up late,
toiling for food to eat -
for he gives to those he loves
while they sleep.
(Psalms 127:1-3)
Who builds? The builder does, but unless God builds, the builder's labor is in vain.
Who watches? The watchman does, but unless God watches, the watchman stands guard in vain.
Solomon understood: "It's senseless to stay up late, toiling for food. Go to sleep and let God work."
A little early to sleep - I am going for my dinner. It's my "meat day"!
Who watches? The watchman does, but unless God watches, the watchman stands guard in vain.
Solomon understood: "It's senseless to stay up late, toiling for food. Go to sleep and let God work."
A little early to sleep - I am going for my dinner. It's my "meat day"!
15 comments:
hi Yan... yes, dont be a workaholic.. last night Pastor Jeya just preached about work.. he said we must work hard and not to be hardly working.. Work doesnt kill but tension and stress do... and lastly, work we must but do not be a workaholic! LOL... after listening to him, i must work harder cos i been relaxing a lot in the office.. ouch ouch!!
kekeke.. durian-eating-session on a Wednesday afternoon, in between running errands - land office, lawyer's office, video shop, pharmacy. Yes! Sneaking in some "little luxuries" is my way of recharging, and my way of dealing with stress. It really helps a great deal, and I hope you'll do this "nothingness" more often too. :)
My meimei would have said, "That dog is acting cool!"
I wish I have that kind of scenery 10 minutes from where I live! :)
So what did you have for dinner?
appropriately, Paul also wrote:
"If a man will not work, he shall not eat." 2 Thess 3:10
happy working & eating!
Good morning, Auntie Yan. :)
Hi I can't get into my email yesterday and today (sob)
So today I am Winnie the Pooh...but it is always good to have a Monday when I don't have to watch my clock...
And I will soon be posting Squirrels for Monday Breakfast!
We have declared war on four footed and faster than Bolt squirrels which have been eating every fruit we have...including our special durians (almost seedless). We cannot trap them (they are too clever) so this morning we use our semi - automatic. Ha! Afraid? Pak Mah? Got four but able to retrieve only two....
Cheers...
Sarawakiana
Reanaclaire,
"Doing Nothing" once in a while is ok, like today - it's getting boring, though I still work! He..he..
JoMel,
I intended to go to either Upperstar for a huge steak or to Burger King. The restaurants are just next to each other, and I need to cross a street to reach there. Upperstar has a varendah that my consultant and I love to have a drink there. I had taken a peep at the menu and thought the price is reasonable. But, it was raining!
so, I settled with BKT just next door.
So, Upperstar or BK - that will be Saturday or Sunday! Sigh!
doc,
Sure enjoy working and also the "seefood diet" - see the food, eat the food, a friend said!
Sarawakiana,
So, you are the other one who is email-addicted! I am blackberry-addicted! Just can't think how life would be without blackberry :)
Will log on to your squirrel story!
Benghui,
Good afternoon! Well, I am late today. But I read your "good morning" on my blackberry in the morning!
Hope you are enjoying your holidays. Any uncle brings you out today? Can I date you when I am back to Sibu?
Auntie Yan
Oh gosh! Why would anyone dress up their dog like that? I would think it's cruelty to animals!!! If God had wanted them to wear clothes, he would not have given them a thick coat of fur! Tsk! Tsk!
STP,
I thought it's cool! The owner of the dog is a senior citizen, and a man! Unbelievable!
I actually had another picture of a puppy for sale at the market, and thought of putting that together as a contrast. On second thoughts, it's cruel. We just can't compare!
so nice the dog.
doing nothing, i'm learning to steal time to do that too! and indeed a little walk like yours can help lots to recharge the tired us!
Post a Comment