A friend writes,
My mother used to say (her birthday today - she would have been 105), those who don't ask don't get!
What wisdom! Well, I don't have to see his mother to believe that she is a wise woman. Her wisdom lives in him!
My mother used to teach me the other way, if you need it or deserve it, it shall be given to you, you do not need to ask.
I am not saying my mother is not a wise woman. She is! Her wisdom lies in her being fair.
(I have deliberately used present tense for two wise mothers, because they both live in their children!)
Her nine children never felt favouritism were being practiced in her household. She kept to her words - I never felt that I was lacking.
Recently, only recently, I learnt the beauty of this simplest and easiest thing to do - to simply ask!
I asked from the significant other a gift for our 23rd wedding anniversary in July, and there, I am playing with my new Canon 50D! There are more to learn. But the biggest challenge is probably the not-so-perfect vision. But someone say a beautiful picture is taken with the heart! So, here you are, the first picture to be posted here. It reminds me of my childhood days of climbing trees and swinging on the tree branches!
My mother used to say (her birthday today - she would have been 105), those who don't ask don't get!
What wisdom! Well, I don't have to see his mother to believe that she is a wise woman. Her wisdom lives in him!
My mother used to teach me the other way, if you need it or deserve it, it shall be given to you, you do not need to ask.
I am not saying my mother is not a wise woman. She is! Her wisdom lies in her being fair.
(I have deliberately used present tense for two wise mothers, because they both live in their children!)
Her nine children never felt favouritism were being practiced in her household. She kept to her words - I never felt that I was lacking.
Recently, only recently, I learnt the beauty of this simplest and easiest thing to do - to simply ask!
I asked from the significant other a gift for our 23rd wedding anniversary in July, and there, I am playing with my new Canon 50D! There are more to learn. But the biggest challenge is probably the not-so-perfect vision. But someone say a beautiful picture is taken with the heart! So, here you are, the first picture to be posted here. It reminds me of my childhood days of climbing trees and swinging on the tree branches!
7 comments:
Hope to see beautiful pictures from you!!
The concept is beautiful.
Enjoy your new toy!!
God bless.
As the friend with the wise mother quoted at the start, I know she would have been delighted to know that her wisdom appeared in a blog 23 years after her death on her birthday. Thanks, Yan.
I also loved Yan's reference to "learning to see". Same is true with all our senses. At meditation class we are encouraged to "learn to hear".
Riccardo
Interesting. Our senses are God-given and yet too often we take them for granted. We hear but don't listen, look but not see, eat without tasting, and what else? Photography allows us to fine-tune our sense of sight, cause us to do a double-take when otherwise we'd just walk past a scene like the one you've captured in your first shot! And that is what I love about photography. It teaches us to see, Indeed!
(yes, I asked to see pictures from your new toy! heee)
Sarawakiana,
Will take a while to know the camera! So, be patient!
Riccardo,
Talking of your mother also allowed me to talk about my mother! Just wonder whether our mothers chat, email and blog in heaven!
Thanks for the wisdom!
JoMel,
It will really take me a while to get to know the different features of the new toy.
I have a doctor friend who loves to take photographs of birds. He writes in his collection -
I was was recently tempted to venture into nature photography after a lifetime of handling video equipment designed for looking into the human body. The contrast in imaging techniques involved does not make life easy. The difference in subject matter is an eye opener - there is a beautiful world out there too.
What a life! There is surely a beautiful world out there!
Ask and you will be given, seek and you shall find...
Post a Comment