An acquaintance has been upset since the beginning of the school year - because her son cried in school almost everyday. It has been a week since the school started on Monday. What she thinks is equally distressing is that the newspapers carried a close-up picture of her son crying. The paper was reporting on "first day blues" of children going to schools.She was so desperate that she asked, "Can I sue the newspaper?"
Did you feel so helpless and insecure on your first day to school? Can you remember your first day to school? I remember my first day to my secondary school in a different town from my primary school. It meant none of the classmates was my former primary school classmates. My dad sent me to school. Just before he left, he passed by my class to see if I had settled down. One classmate said to the classmate next to her, raising her voice, also meant for me to hear, "She thinks only she has father. We are all fatherless."
I cried over such sarcastic and unfriendly remark. But after the cry, it became a sweet memory of my father who cared for me! Not many parents would send their secondary school going children going to schools anymore. But my dad did that! He was there when I "wept".
The little boy would grow up to remember how his mummy was there when he felt insecure and helpless! I gave a pat on my friend's back and said, "He will remember you are there. He will get over it soon."
Yes, if our earthly fathers love us so much, how much more our heavenly father loves us? Remember how Jesus wept? (John 11:35)
God’s love, mercy, passion, compassion, grief, and anger are chiseled down to two words - Jesus wept.
It's ok to cry on your first day to school. It's ok to cry when you feel sad. You can cry buckets, but after that, remember that our parents and friends are there to support, and our heavenly Father is closely looking after us, and God loves us!
10 comments:
Dear Yan
Yes I remember my first day at school ( I proudly showed my mother that I could write a Zero...hehehehe).
And I do remember that many school mates had learned to be sarcastic (mine was "CY's mouth is only too full of English words")
Sarcasm hurts the core of our nerves. I am just wondering why people can be so mean verbally.
Could this be the root of all the school shooting in various parts of the world?
The Foochow word for sarcasm is "tiu" and it is a terrible word which we seldom use. Many people have a great skill in that.
I didn't cry as I have an older brother who was in Primary Two when I entered school (Didn;t go to kindergarten!).
When I first started teaching, there was a kindergarten next to the school...and I noticed one grandma going there and sitting outside the classroom window every day...waiting for the grandchild. The people there told me that she could be the teacher and go and teach already as she had been doing that for years, one granchilc after another!
It's really wonderful how you express the earthly and heavenly father. Simple great!
Mum dropped me off on my first day of school at the brickfield methodist school. Don't remember crying, just too much distraction around.
You are very lucky. All my life I mostly had to fend for myself including budgeting for pencils, pens, rubbers, books, school supplies, sign report cards and getting to school, uniforms etc.
But still at the end of the day, our parents all did well. We are still alive to comment on each other's blogs :)
sarawakiana,
How aptly it's said - people will not forget how you make them feel. That includes the good feelings we have given them.
There will be less war if we only give good feelings!
suituapui,
I did not go to kindergarten either. During our time, there were not kindergarten probably :)
My primary school classmates were almost boys and girls next door or in the same village. We grew up playing hide and seek - so going to primary one was not a problem. Then, we moved to Sarikei - a totally strange place where there was no "playground" to meet friends before going to school.
Peter,
It's all God's gifts - and I really hope that one day I shall stand before the Lord and said - God I have used all the talents you have given me. (I think I am quoting Uncle Lee)
Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment.
iml,
You are brave and independent.
Bengbeng,
Hey, even signing own report cards? I would love that - being that lazy student. Ha ha
Yes, our parents did well - you are also doing very well being Benghui's daddy!
Blessings.
Post a Comment