The Year of the Ox begins Jan. 26. This year, in Sibu, it seems the Chinese New Year comes early. It is normal for stores to start selling bright red decorations to mark the new year, or supermarkets to start selling new year stuff. But it is a little early for traffic jam!The newspapers reported that it's because the timber camp workers come back home early. Most timber camps have started their Chinese New Year break early due to "no order".
Chinese New Year would be a little different for me this year - a little bit oriental and a little bit western? Yes, I shall be sending off my daughter to Australia on the very first day of year of Ox! So, I have chosen this a little bit Western, a little bit Oriental blog template! But my office's decoration (pix above) is very Chinese.
And to join in the trend, I also do it early!
When I was my daughter's age, I enjoyed much of Donny and Marie Osmond Show, even it was just a black and white TV. Remember that - A little bit Country and a little bit Rock and Roll? If you are my age, age befitting a grandmother's, you will remember! But, don't think I am that "granny", I could be as "up-to-date" in many issues! Remember, Donny and Marie said, "I am a little bit of both."
I'm a little bit country
I'm a little bit rock n roll
I'm a little bit Memphis & Nashville
With a little bit of motown in my soul
I don't know it's good or bad
But I know I love it so
I'm a little bit country
And I'm a little bit rock n roll
He's a little bit gentle
He's a little bit running wild
She's a little bit full grown woman
She's a little bit of child
I don't know about happy or sad
My music makes me whole
I'm little bit country
I'm a little bit rock n roll
I like that peaceful easy feeling of
laid back country song
And when I sing my rock n roll
I can sing it whole night long
I love my country with all my heart and soul
I'll go out on Saturday night for a
little bit rock n roll
I know I don't feel alright
No matter where I go
With a little bit country
And a little bit rock n roll
I like that peaceful easy feeling of
laid back country song
And when I sing my rock n roll
I can sing it whole night long
I love my country with all my heart and soul
I'll go out on Saturday night for a
little bit rock n roll
I know I don't feel alright
No matter where I go
With a little bit country
And a little bit rock n roll
We're a little bit country,
We're a little bit rock n roll.
15 comments:
Yan,
你的版位也开始很Chinese New Year起来了!很好看呢!
Happy New Year!
长竹,
搞点气分让自己进入那新年的喜悦!希望朋友也感染到那喜气洋洋的气分!
新年快乐!
yes! I remember the Donny and Marie show. But I am no where near being a grandmother! Guess I started late.
And the year of the Ox has also started early here in the little red dot, with new year deco, jams and all related to it.
Nice photo - pro shot! xD
SAHM,
Some of my classmates of secondary days are grandpa or grandma already, that's the reason to say grandmother's age:) I also started late!
James,
That's my basic camera's works that I dare not show during the bloggers' meet. He..he...
Good luck to Rachel! Bet she'll love it overseas. So you won't be around during CNY? No ang pao for me lah? LOL!!!
suituapui,
Thanks for your well wishes. I shall be back before the CNY ends, so we can still plan a new year gathering. This time, at my house. Can you co-ordinate? I shall host the gathering!
I remember staying up till 10pm waiting for the D&M show. Donny, I believe is a grandpa already!!
All the best to Rachel as she goes off to Australia. I am sure you will miss her a lot but thank goodness for email, IM and Skype to stay in touch. Lovely pic btw!
iml,
I can't remember staying that late for the show. But those were the days!
dobbs,
Ya, will miss her. She is now at home busy making a party dress so that she can wear if there is any party. She is more talented than her mum.
suituapui,
Thanks for your suggestions. Shall coordinate at my end.
if the link doesnt work, try this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AfXznngjGw
Post a Comment