Saturday, January 10, 2009

Counting not Noah's Way

It was counting day at the London Zoos on Thursday Jan 8, but keepers and counters did not have the advantage of tallying two-by-two! An account of the day that Noah wouldn't envy, probably!

The annual count is a legal requirement for all London Zoos, and is also a useful tool for monitoring conservation efforts.

I captured this in a bird’s show at A’fomasa, Melaka. You could count the heads or the long legs. But how do you count the scorpions in the zoo?

Learn how from this interesting read.

What's the Noah Way?

This man walked with God and talked with God about everything in his life - the little things, the big things, the significant ones, the insignificant ones, and even in counting the animals two-by-two! For the duration of time that he built the Ark, God talked to him about the details of the Ark - where the doors should be, where the windows to be located!

Would we also stop, listen and talk to God? I like this rhyme -

Said the Robin to the Sparrow,
"I would really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so?"

Said the Sparrow to the Robin,
"Friend, I think that it must be
That they've no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."

9 comments:

Lee said...

For, after all, put it as we may to ourselves, we are all of us from birth to death guests at a table which we did not spread.
The sun, the earth, love, friends, our very breath are parts of the banquet.... Shall we think of the day as a chance to come nearer to our Host, and to find out something of Him who has fed us so long?

Best regards, Lee.

Yan said...

Uncle Lee,

Thank you for adding on to "complete" my works :)

You are just wonderful.

Blessings

Lee said...

Hello Yan, have just read your beautiful story re 'Strawberry patch'. You write very well and can see you're a warm, sentimental, loving lady.
Thanks for the thought, best regards, Lee.

Yan said...

Thanks, Uncle Lee, for your nice words!

Keep well and have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

120 years? No.
Count carefully.

Yan said...

Anonymous,

Thank you for pointing out the 120 years. Re-visited Genesis, and it seemed the Bible is silent about it. I could have read it somewhere else that it was 120 years, and I quoted as such. Have taken that off, in case I misled someone!

Thanks for dropping by and care to leave a comment!

Anonymous said...

After Noah was 500 years old, he became the father of three sons (Gen 5:32). When the flood came, Noah was 600 years old (7:6). And when God commanded Noah to build the ark, his three sons were married (Gen 6:18). So Noah built the ark for about 70 years only. A long time still!

Yan said...

Hi, Anonymous,

Thank you for taking your time. I do not quite understand how the deduction of 30 years from the 100 years came about, though. I did a google search on the subject and thought this one is appropriate to clear the subject -

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/how-long-did-it-take-noah-to-build-ark.html

Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

You are right, the EXACT number of years is not recorded. However it must be under 100 years (120 years is definitely out). I give and take about 30 years for his other two sons to be born, for all three to grow up and get married; hence I say ABOUT 70 years (more or less).
Is it important? Yes, Noah persisted for about 70 years (despite all the unbelievers around him)!