
The gardeners stopped coming for quite a while already. I did not notice. By the time mum in law came with a gentle reminder, twigs had grown out at all angels, branches were overgrown, some fruits diseased, and the weeds have cropped into the flower plants!
What an ugly sight!
So, I got "Ah Chai" to send his gardeners to trim, to prune, to snip, to cut and to clear. It was with much persuasion as it's near Chinese New Year and he had orders to fulfill.
Ah Chai sent three pleasant workers. I spent a while looking them working. It was not supervising. It was more with intention to learn some skills and probably next time I could do it myself.
Cut.Trim.
Snip.
Prune.
Soon, the garden is beautiful again! Soon the fruit trees will bear more fruits!
Isn't it how God works on us? He cuts away our sins. He trims our ungodly passions. He snips our worldly pursuits. He prunes away the clutter from our lives.
He makes us beautiful We are made more fruitful.
"He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful." (John 15:2)
Today, I met Him in my garden.
What a stunning spiritual verity!
13 comments:
Now you're ready to welcome the Year of the Ox in style.
Very thoughtful of you to link the garden to god. Nice garden and nice road infront of your house now.
Hi Yan. Happy Chinese New Year! i agree with your thought for this entry. Great thought to ponder!
Take care and Godspeed!
Jem of Cebu*
suituapui,
No matter how much I try not to fall into that rush for new year, it seems I am being pushed all the way into that. So, here I am, ready for new year - the spring cleaning, the baking....
Philip,
Yes, nice road. But, lo!, yes, low, my house now is below the road. He..he.. It has stood the test of rain water this time, no water flow into my compound. Thank God.
Jem,
Yes, jems, thanks for dropping by. Happy New Year to you too.
Blessings
Hi Yan!
Nice way of connecting God's work! AMEN.
ilene,
Thank you for taking time to drop by my garden where God is still working on!
Hello Yan, wow, you have a beautiful home. Love your garden and how its done up. Very nice.
Really nice to see the green...right now as I type this, its snowing like crazy, all white outside, snow and ice.
Temp about -12'c.
Gardening is about enjoying the smell of things growing in the soil, getting dirty without feeling guilty, and generally taking the time to soak up a little peace and serenity.
Have a great week Yan, best regards, Lee.
I have not started on the spring cleaning but am halfway through the baking. Tiring but satisfying.
Oh, and you truly inspire with your spiritual sharing. :)
Uncle Lee,
Give you some "greens", you could see more of my garden and that of my neighbour's, here -
http://yantouch.wordpress.com/2008/03/18/the-hideaway-days/
Hope that add some warmth into your winter!
Thank you for your compliments.
JoMel,
Half way through baking? I have not started yet. Last weekend it was cleaning the house's carpet. Still have not put the furniture in place!
Probably this weekend I shall bake some! But then, I shall be away on the first day of CNY for a week, I shall keep it to minimum.
Keep baking!
ooh, how refreshing always, the touch from God! your garden looks awesome!
Post a Comment