I baked some cookies yesterday and today. Well, it's not just some, a Kg of flour for chocolate chips cookies and another kg for cheese cookies! Wow! That's a lot. But considering giving some away, I don't have much left.
It's always a joy to bake. It's also a joy to share cookies with loved ones. Someone assembled a set of seven "scientifically proven" diet tips, among them, here is one about cookies, it is numbered Diet Tip No. 2 -
Though whole cookies are fattening, pieces of cookies contain no calories. This is because the calories leak out when the cookies are broken!
That's great!
Now, I am going to pass on other diet tips to you. This is more for interesting read, because I really can't vouch for their validity.
Diet Tip No. 1 - Snacks consumed in a movie theatre are not fattening, because they are considered entertainment, not food.
Diet Tip No. 3 (You have read No. 2, I am not jumping!) - If you drink a diet soft drink with a candy bar, the soft drink and candy bar cancel each other out.
Diet Tip No. 4 - Snacks consumed after midnight have no calories.
Diet Tip No. 5 - A rule of thumb for any food is that if no one sees you eat it, it has no calories.
Diet Tip No. 6 - Calories don't count if you eat with someone else and you both eat the same amount.
Diet Tip No. 7 - Food taken for medicinal purposes does not contain calories. "Medicinal" foods include Ghirardelli chocolates, Ben & Jerry's ice cream, and Sara Lee Cheesecake. One more - Yan's chocolate chip cookies and cheese cookies!
Now, really do not believe in any of the tips! Probably, just for the new year - counting Day 1 to Day 3 of Chinese New Year!
14 comments:
And I really thought the 1 to 7 tips were true!!! Till I read the 'Not so small print'.
Drool! Drool!...I just cook, I can't bake! Hint! Hint! Hahahahahaha!!!
Just the kind of diet tips that I like!!
iml,
Someone really assembled these diet tips. But there are too good to be true! So, better keep to our own tips! I am sure you have many - like your "raw lunch" today!
suituapui,
Got your message :)
SAHM,
Just the tips to think about or dream about only! Hey, why not, for the new year.
You remind me of another great baker CHK. Really take my hat off to those who can bake!!
And when you give cookies away you will have so many friends!!
Have a great CNY!!
I think I can pile on l kg per week!! That's my struggling-bubbling body loh!!
baking is satisfying, Yan! would love to try the cheese cookies you baked too... i'm going through this baking phase now. and i started a new blog for that purpose...
it's here at fadaboutfood.com
do drop by, okie?
Your cookies look yummy! Comfort food at its best. :)
And I love your diet tips leh. Now I can eat without reserve!
hahaha! love the logic with tip no 2... so, can eat... but while your cookies last! nothing like homebaked cookies!
sarakiana,
Oh, mine can't be compared with CHK's.
Happy and healthy new year to you and yours.
Wow! constance, just hop over to your food blog for a look. Really great! Will visit more often to steal some food ideas!
Happy and healthy new year to you and yours.
JoMel,
Have seen your cookies - make me feel shy showing mine lah!
I love the diet tips - but for my eyes only! You could still afford practicing some of the tips! But, I hold no responsibility :)
bp,
That's sharing the load. If you have cookies, give some away, and the other person shares the calories lah! But, you are too far away to be practical enough to send some! So, for your eyes only.
Blessings to you and yours.
Post a Comment