I have just transferred all my coming events from my Palm Treo to my Blackberry's calendar. I have few calendars to work on - my Girls' Brigade, Church, business, friends and family. In fact, the Blackberry's Calendar is as handy as Palm Treo's, I am much "addicted" to BB that my new friend Henry said, "Sandra said I am BB Henry, so you are BB Yan!" (Sandra is my best friend, I know Henry through her)I plan, I program, I try to fit in the calendar my desires and my interests, besides the "musts", birthdays and anniversaries. I may not be able to fulfill all the plans. But, at least, it gives me an outline on what I intend to do in 2009, and what I need to do.
Why do I do that? Or do you also do that? There are limits of life. We know the limitations. So, we tell ourselves, “Let’s make the year counts. Let’s use time to the full.”
I have my calendar, beautifully planned. What’s my position in God’s calendar?
This pressing question keeps bothering me. Does God also keeps a calendar that includes me?
Today, I studied the book of Leviticus and was amazed by God’s calendar of feasts for Israel. There were seven of them, plus the weekly Sabbath. The Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the Lord, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, are My feasts.”
From the feasts of The Passover to the Feast of Firstfruits, The feast of weeks, the feast of trumpets, the day of atonement and finally to the feast of tabernacles, these are God at work in our life or in our Calendar. It ultimately comes at the place of joy.
C.S. Lewis says, “The ultimate purpose of God in all his work is to add joy.”
The last feast, the Feast of Tabernacles is a beautiful picture of the joy in God’s Calendar. It is written,
…when you have gathered in the fruit of the land, you shall keep the feast of the Lord for seven days, ….. you shall take for yourselves on the first day the fruit of beautiful trees, branches of palm trees, the boughs of leafy trees, and willows of the brook; and you shall rejoice before the Lord your God for seven days….
Then, in God’s calendar, there are Sabbath Year and Year of Jubilee. Sabbath Year occurred every seven years, while the Year of Jubilee was to be celebrated every fifty years.
Aren’t these delightful topics? The feasts and the Jubilee!
Looking at my Blackberry of events, I have a new understanding of God’s Calendar. I would have included in my calendar a time of rest, an opportunity for redemption, a time for reflection, a time for reward and repair, a time for relationships, a time to refocus, a time for feasts, a time for Jubilee!
Where are you in God’s Calendar?
6 comments:
I also use the calendar in my mobile to keep track of all my "happenings". I would be truly lost without it.
I am sure God has me scheduled in his calendar too!! Occassionally things which I cant seem to fit into my calendar suddenly works itself out. It is God's hand helping to solve my scheduling problems.
SAHM,
Me too! I rely heavily on my calendar. Thanks to technology!
It's wonderful to know that we are in God's plan and really every reason to celebrate! PTL
Hi Yan, interestng to note your this posting. Today you have your Blackberry or technology, comparing to my time back in the 60's, 70's even early 80's all we had was notebooks and diaries.
I used to receive those large Executive diaries from Financial Institutions and various companies and one would be on my office table, one carried with me.
The one on my table was all strictly office matters, meetings, business appointments.
The one with me in my briefcase would have notes on my daily activities as well personal activities.
Anything personal would be in alphanumeric or morse code...if stolen or lost, only I can decipher what they are.
And thus what you read in my blog postings are collected, decoded (takes me 2 days to decode some of my personal experiences)...I brought about 23 old faded diaries and notebooks here...interesting events that I was involved in.
Today, all I have is my recently bought Apple Imac 24 for all useful info and to make some loose change from the Stock Markets, as well blogging.
My wife and I are the few on this planet that do not own a handphone nor Blackberry or Iphone etc.
My wife and I are not tech savvy, ha ha.
She and I carry a small 25 cents notebook for phone numbers or reminders...and a pen of course.
How time has changed, huh? Best regards, Lee.
Hi There I'd like to congratulate you for such a great made site!
Was thinking this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!
Sincerely,
Hilary Driscoll
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/construction-party-supplies.html]construction Party Supplies[/url].
[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/logo.png[/img][/url]
בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] גדולים אנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]ארוחות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם...
לפרטים נוספים אנא לפנות לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]
רציתי לשתף איתכם בחוויה שעברתי לאחר הפיגוע בדולפינריום. במשך שנה לאחר המאורע, הרגשתי רע מאוד, חסרת שמחה, עייפה ומדוכדכת. בכל דרך רפואית רגילה לא יכולתי להשתקם וכתוצאה מכך פניתי ל- [b][url=http://www.maker.co.il/3_15707/%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%9E%D7%A8/%D7%9B%D7%9C-%D7%94%D7%A2%D7%95%D7%91%D7%93%D7%95%D7%AA-%D7%A2%D7%9C-%D7%A0%D7%A4%D7%A9-%D7%94%D7%90%D7%93%D7%9D-%D7%95%D7%A2%D7%99%D7%A1%D7%95%D7%99-%D7%A8%D7%A4%D7%95%D7%90%D7%99-(%D7%9E%D7%A1%D7%90%D7%92%60).html]עיסוי[/url][/b] רפואי אלטרנטיבי. ייעצו לי על מעסה מקצועי מ-Spa-Vip.co.il - עיסוי עד הבית, אשר כולל עיסוי שוודי מפנק במיוחד אשר עורר לי את החושים תוך טיפול אחד בלבד. אין לי מילים לתאר את השינוי אותו עברתי, אומנם זה היה טיפול עיסוי שוודי ראשון, חזרה השמחה לחיי, פיזרתי את השיער ויצאתי מה- [b][url=http://www.academics.co.il/Articles/Article12945.aspx]מסאג[/url][/b]' עם כוחות חדשים, מחייכת ומוכנה להמשיך הלאה.
[b][url=http://www.tapuz.co.il/blog/ViewEntry.asp?EntryId=1679344]עיסוי שוודי[/url][/b] הוא עיסוי משולב עם ריח של קטורת, מוזיקה נעימה וריח של קטורת. ההתחלה של עיסוי היא מגע עדין מעל המגבת אחרי שחשפנו את הגוף מכף רגל ועד ראש. מריחת שמן חם מכף רגל ועד הראש, אח"כ תנועה מלטפת ועדינה מכף רגל ועד ראש ובחזרה. לאחר כמה תנועות מפנקות עוברים לצד השני של הגוף, לאחר התנועות על צידו השני יש שילוב של לחיצות רפואיות מכיוון שהגוף התרגל למגע מפנק ומרגיע וזה גרם לשרירים להרפות מעט... כל זה בטיפול פרטי של [b][url=http://www.academics.co.il/Authors/Author2173.aspx]מעסה[/url][/b] מקצועי עד בית הלקוח!
אני לא האמנתי שדברים כאלו יכולים לקרות עד אשר חוויתי מסאג שוודי מושקע כלכך, המעסה המקצועי הגיע עד לביתי עם מגע שלא הכרתי אשר לא תיארתי שיכול להיות. אני ממליצה בחום לכל אחד ואחת אשר חשבו על מסאג', עיסוי או סתם פינוק מלטף בסוף שבוע על Spa-VIP.co.il.
[img]http://spa-vip.co.il/_images/apixel.gif[/img]
[url=http://spa-vip.co.il/#][img]http://spa-vip.co.il/_images/spa-vip-massages.jpg[/img][/url]
Post a Comment