Saturday, June 14, 2008

Take My Hand, my Father

You must be familiar with this scene -

"Hey Dad, catch me!" The child leaps off straight into the dad's arms. He knows daddy will not let him fall!

That's father.

I don't have a father on earth to celebrate the Fathers' Day. But, I know that I have a Father in heaven who would not let me fall, no matter what.

Here is a simple chorus that says it well.

Something beautiful,
something good,
All my confusion
He understood.
All I had to offer Him was
brokenness and strife,
But he made something beautiful
of my life.

I could just sing my days away and be comforted.

Yes, there is no aspect of Christian faith that warms my heart more than knowing that I have a Father in heaven who loves me!

Remembering my father on this day.

Remembering many other great fathers on Fathers' Day, especially Joe, doc, prodigal son, bengbeng, James, rubberseeds, Tony, yyy, yongsun and many other great friends who are also great fathers! And who could be greater father to Rachel and Christopher!

Happy Fathers' Day. The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord ...

In his heart a man plans his course,
but the Lord determines his steps.
Prov 16:9

12 comments:

James TC Wong said...

Thanks Yan!
xD

JOEPSC said...

Thank you, Yan, for that lovely thought.

Tony Hii said...

Many thanks, Yan.

bp said...

Thanks for this lovely post, and the reminder of our Abba Father who's there to catch and hold us!

Happy Father's Day to the great daddy of Rach and Chris!!! And you have a wonderful week ahed, Yan!

doc said...

thks yan.

blessed fathers' day to you & your kids!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Yan, that is very thoughtful of you. Is the little baby your grandchild?

Yan said...

James,

You deserve the best, best wishes for raising two God-fearing sons!

Yan said...

Joe,

You too deserve! I think you are a grandfather now, right?

Yan said...

tony,

That was your day! Read the western food you had for fathers' day!

Yan said...

bp,

Thanks from daddy of Rachel and Chris.

Yan said...

doc,

Still like your daughter's T&C for a coffee bean treat! It shows how "dotty" you are!

Yan said...

rubberseeds,

A long way to go to be the granny! That's daddy with our daughter, Rachel when she was small.