Thursday, June 19, 2008

She still lives in my heart

Lately, I dreamed much of my late mother. We were doing many ordinary things together in my dreams. In each of the dream, my mother seemed to be in harmony with the world around her. I could feel her peace.

My cousin, Ching Yong told me once that whenever he drives pass Selangan Road he thinks of my mother and wants to drive in to visit her. Ching Yong is my first cousin, or we are from the same grandparents. Selangan Road was the place where my late mother stayed with my second brother, and where I stayed before I was married.

Ching Yong said this feeling was especially intense during election time when he and his “boss” visited the residents of the constituency.

“I feel 4th auntie is still alive.” Ching Yong added.

My mother lives in the heart of many. In all ways, she showed that it was possible to be thankful for what was given her rather than complain for what was not. She leaves footprints in many hearts because of her principles in life -

Live supportively with regard to loved ones and neighbours
Live generously with regard to the needs of those around her
Live thoughtfully by the teachings of the Scripture

This is how we should live, right? Looking at what the nation is going through now, I miss my mother's principles in life more than ever more.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sharing with you this verse today -

Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. - Psalm 112:4

God is a holy fire that incinerates the filth of this world. But He is also a radiant fire that illumines, delivers and brings comfort to His people.

Be comforted, dear friend!

Yan said...

anonymous,

Thanks for the timely message!

Yes, be comforted.

Anonymous said...

when a person is no longer around us physically, in our hearts there's always a place for them.

Anonymous said...

Yan,

As far as i can, i will give my prirority to my mum 1st... rather than my sweet hubby, he he.

Anyway, thank for donating for IJN Foundation. And doing a 'post' about it.

I'm from IJN Foundation. The donation you made goes straight to us, so we can fund needy patient in IJN (Institut Jantung Negara).

Thank again.

Yan said...

constance,

Yes, someone we love never leave us, in our hearts they stay! Thanks for confirming.

Yan said...

anonymous,

From IJN? Welcome! Thanks for dropping by. Thanks the sweet girls of AirAsia for their efforts, too.

Yes, mum the greatest, sweet hubby is equally great! Try to strike a balance between great mum and sweet hubby. You should be your mum's darling!

bp said...

Yan, I like how you said your mom leaves footprints in many hearts, by the way she lives. And I believe, in so many ways, you're walking in her steps, guided by God as she was by the scriptures... and you, too, are touching lives! =)

Be blessed, as you continue to be the blessing you are, my dear friend! And know what you mean, my late mom also lives in my heart!

Yan said...

bp,

thanks for always being so encouraging! Yes, I read you wrote of your mum too - it's so touching.

Mum never leaves us, she just stays!