
I shall be away from town for a conference. I do not like travelling on Sunday. It means missing the Church service at home, and not being able to catch up a service in a foreign place upon arrival. So, it's like neither here nor there!
But, whenever I am in a foreign place, I always like to pay the local church a visit. Like all Methodists, who are marked to be "method-dist", the place of worship that I choose to go to very much depends on "method" of going there!
It does not matter about the architecture, modern or country charm, orderly order of service with jubilation of hymns like "O for a thousand tongues to sing" or contemporary singing of "shouting to the Lord".
Yes, no matter where I am in the world, the hymns, the choruses are all universal. The voices are united and reached heaven!
Yes, no matter where I am, when I worship the Lord in spirit and truth, the walls of races breaks down.
Yes, no matter where I am, when I surrender to the Lord, He breaks my heart of stone and turns it into a heart of warmth and love!
(The pix is taken from a book given by a friend of St Andew's Cathedral, Singapore when I worshipped there.)
No comments:
Post a Comment