Sunday, June 22, 2008

Food for Thought


Away from home, but not quite - with a book on home, connection to the world, and the greens in a bowl, it's also as heavenly as home!

I am resolved to finish this Rainforest Tears, a Borneo Story, in the next three days!

Rainforest Tears is not about "Love our earth". Still as I hold on this 555-page novel set in the heart of Borneo's magnificent millennial rainforest, I remember Tracy whom I met at the wet market this morning.

I seldom go to wet market on Sunday. Today I went because I was stocking up five-day ration as I would be away. Hubby does not like going to wet market. At the market, I saw Tracy, my friend, carrying a basket and in the basket are some used plastic bags. I thought I have been environment caring by always refusing a plastic bag when I could carry the items in my handbags or slotted into other plastic bags in hand.

But, Tracy goes a step further. She re-uses!

Food for thought as the rainforests cry!

2 comments:

James TC Wong said...

Journey mercy, Yan! xD

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Hope you enjoy Rainforest Tears. I would be very pleased to hear your comments.

Paul Leslie Smith

Author of Rainforest Tears