Many years ago, I tended a column "丰采" in Chinese Newspaper "See Hua Daily News" with some good friends. It's a 7-day column - sharing thoughts of the writers. The writers came from different background - businessmen, doctor, home-makers, accountant, lawyer, journalists, politician - thus, topics varied from a woman's little talk to great thoughts of politicians! And it was rich. It was captivating. It was colourful.
Concurrently, my good friend and I also wrote another column called "Not man's words" (fei fu-tze yan). It was all women's talks.
It was an enriched life for me. It captivated me. It added colours to my life.
I could not remember how and why we stopped the column. Later, some of the writers compiled their articles and published into books, much to my delights! I also stopped writing Chinese articles regularly when we closed the column. My Chinese writings are more for business use, or re-do my writings in English into Chinese. It has not been thoughts from within and expressed in Chinese!
The pix above is an autograph from Kevin Cashman, the author of Awakening The Leader Within, when I attended his conference some years back in Singapore! Friends, I have just wanted to also "live from the inside out - the Chinese Way"! If you read Chinese, you can also visit my blog - 丰采依然.
5 comments:
Greetings from Singapore. I love Sarawak. It is such a beautiful 'country' blessed with much natural resources and beauty. I used to visit quite often in the 90's. Went to Bintulu several times. Nowadays I only visit this Sarawakian blog. But God willing, I will make a visit end of the year to try out Francis Ho's kayaking expeditions. My son is an avid collector/grower of pitcher plants. We hope to visit the Mulu Caves and see some pitcher plants in the wild.
Unfortunately my chinese is not good enough for me to enjoy (understand) the writings.
Wow, you are amazing, Yan... didn't know you have the other, Chinese blog, on top of your other online commitments. My speed of reading Chinese has slowed down so much, I'll still be more comfortable catching your updates mainly here on this blog =).
lam,
Welcome to Sarawak! Yes, it's a fascinating land if you are nature's lover. Don't just go to Mulu, go to places like Kapit too..
I grew up with pitcher plants!
SAHM,bp,
I learnt Chinese language first - thus still more at home with Chinese, whether in writing or reading books. But I read English Bible, I go to English Worship Service, I pray in English...yet I am more comfortable with Chinese movies!
Seem like I have selective language preferences... Hmm.. should find out more about myself.
Post a Comment