Chris has been doing the job of adjusting the temperature of my bedroom every night for the past one year or more. I sleep early. I have the habit of reading a few pages before I go to sleep. So, Chris would dim the light, adjust the temperature of the bedroom and say "goodnight". He would carry on his homework, or TV or just chatting with daddy and sister in the adjourning room to my bedroom.
Last night, as usual, he did his "routine". But, this time, it's a little more than "routine".
"Cold?" he asked.
Then, he took another smaller blanket from the cupboard and covered on top of my blanket, and said,
"Your blanket is not as warm as it used to be."
He did it so naturally and so gentlemanly that it took me a while to agree with myself that -
Chris has grown up!
I still feel the warmth of that extra blanket now.
Last night, as usual, he did his "routine". But, this time, it's a little more than "routine".
"Cold?" he asked.
Then, he took another smaller blanket from the cupboard and covered on top of my blanket, and said,
"Your blanket is not as warm as it used to be."
He did it so naturally and so gentlemanly that it took me a while to agree with myself that -
Chris has grown up!
I still feel the warmth of that extra blanket now.
4 comments:
Wah... so good your boy! Must be the Mom ... all the love and nurturing!
I must tell my Aaron and Abel about this!
Awww, how sweet of Chris!!!
Aww, he is so sweet and thoughtful!!
James, bp, SAHM,
Yes, he is a gentleman and a man after God in the making! By God's Grace and Blessings.
And I know you are raising children of God too!
Let's be encouraged and worked harder with God being our helper and source of wisdom! Amen?
Post a Comment