
Just when I thought,
Milk, Dutch or Yili, is not in my glass
Chocolates, Snicker or M&M, are not in my shopping list
Rabbit milk sweets, Oreo wafer sticks are not in my tray
Ice-Cream, minty or strawberry could not be in my fridge
And lo!
There is a Mr Brown in my coffee mug!
There is another Mr Brown who reasoned my thoughts perhaps best as it has ever been put.
Just when we're safest, there's a sunset touch
A fancy from a flower bell; someone's death
A chorus ending from Euripides,
And that's enough for fifty hopes and fears
The Grand Perhaps!
- Robert Browning
Yes, I can plan it all out. Then I take a walk in the country and see a sunset that moves me to the depths of my being in a way for which I cannot comprehend. Someone's death strikes with shattering force and I am left with nothing but the crumbs of my thoughts.
The Grand Perhaps that is God, breaking constantly into my life.
Indeed,
No thought is worth thinking
that is not the thought of God.
No sight is worth seeing
unless it is seen through His eyes.
No breath is worth breathing
without thanks to the One whose very breath it is.
2 comments:
so true so true. So poignant and so true.
JoMel,
Oc-incidentally, there was a piece of news about 9 people gathered in a magistrate's house and arrested for illegal gambling.
Could the 8 (excluding the magistrate who was the host) think that it was a safe place to get involved in the illegal activities?
Food for thought!
Post a Comment