Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Talk to get it done!


Finally they are here! At our doorsteps. (photo taken on 30th August 2008)

The stretch of road in front of my house is to be widened which includes a pedestrian pathway. This is what Chris called "take forever to finish". It's a KM from my house to the school that Rach and Chris go to. (works are actually for half a km only) Was it a year ago that they started work?

Finally, two days before Merdeka, they cut the main entrance to my house. It has been 13 days. This is the progress on Day 13, taken this morning.


A lawyer friend who stayed a few houses away from ours said, "It takes four days. But you have to talk to them."

I thought then that I have a side gate to use, four days is fine. Even if it's seven days, I still can live up to use the narrow side gate. I have the patience to watch the builders piling, laying the foundation, put the pieces together for a good purpose - to create a beautiful pathway for us to use.

Last night, my cell group met at my house after a two-week break. Cindy, who stayed three houses away from ours said, "It takes four days only. But you have to talk to them."

Exactly the same words!

Talking is cheap. It also means getting things done.

Shall I "talk to them"?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

As I was passing by your house yesterday afternoon I was wondering how you get in and out!Work is TOO SLOW!and it has been causing a lot of inconveniences to every body using that busy road.

James TC Wong said...

Yes, the concrete drain makes all the difference! The Sibu Municipal Council has done a good job!

Glad to know your eyes are getting better. xD

Yan said...

rubberseeds,

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life..." (Matt 7:14)

Every time I use my narrow side gate I am reminded of our walk which is narrow. Every time, I have to pass by the road under construction, I am reminded of the unexpected twists and turns, hardships and sufferings..

Life is really not a bed of roses, we are never promised that!

How about that?

Yan said...

James,

Yes, eyes better to see the twists and turns of life!

PTL!

I Am Sarawakiana said...

Hi - so many twists and turns in our lives - but we should not be taken advantage of. Government at whatever level should keep their promises and maintain their excellent work.

Hope your eyes are better : to see through things, to see deeper meanings,to see inner feelings,etc.

Foochow saying "see first,see first" means with patience I will work at it.....hehehehe.

Yan said...

sarawakiana,

Today they connect the part to my entrance. Hopefully, in another 4 days I would be able to use the main gate!

Thanks - the eyes are getting better.

Anonymous said...

Wow, must be very inconvenient! I hope that talk really means talk, nothing else.

Hello, first time here. Hopped over from rubber seeds :)

Yan said...

cc,

Selamat Datang, our Malaysian way.

Hm... talk only, talking is cheap. There is no price to pay! I know what you meant!

Read a lot of your comments at rubberseed's. Visited your beautiful blog now and then as silent reader!

Now, look like have to "talk" also at your blog :)

blogpastor said...

Yes I am fascinated about the "talk" bit too?

I guess to get it done real time four days you need "many, many talking"!

Also dropped over but from Alwyn's.

Yan said...

blogpastor,

Thanks for dropping by.

It's Day ... er Day what? Let's count all over... It's Day 18. There is some progress. Hope I could blog about the completion by Day 25 (another week to go).

I have not "talked" to them as yet :( Afraid that it could more than "talk".

bp said...

so, you didn't talk to them... hope the works are done up to "expectations", esp since it took forever!

Yan said...

No, I did not talk to them. Today, I may be able to use my front gate. yay! Talk means four days, no talk means 19 days! That's a lot of difference.

Bengbeng said...

i avoid that road nowadays. but when it is over, the road would b much safer. as it is whenever a car stops to turn into a side lane, there is always a risk of a temporary traffic jam. sorry abt yr temporary inconvenience though