Rachel (daughter) was tagged by her best friend Grace. The tag is called Rachel-ology. If you are Grace, then it's called Grace-ology. Apparently, it has been passing around in the Facebook. I am particularly amused by this one -It's four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
Probably my mom sending me an update about world news or something.
Well, 4 am in Adelaide means about 2 am here. So, there is a possibility that the mum is still texting when news of a new death in Australia is being sent to her blackberry!
So, home news to me now include Australia.
Chris is going to Kota Samarahan tomorrow representing Sibu in the State level Shell Traffic Competition. And home news to me for the next three days include Kota Samarahan! It was definitely a concern to read that the API reading in Samarahan reached 106 (unhealthy level) at 5 pm this evening.
So, mum texted - bring some face masks with you. The masks are kept in the third drawer in mum's room.
Where is home to you?
Home is where the heart is!
(About the picture: 20 years ago, I did a cross stitch and gave away to a new pastor of our church to make them feel at home. I am delighted to find this exact pattern when I googled for a picture!)
10 comments:
beautiful piece. I cross-stitched the Last Supper when I was in Uni. I sewed daily and completed it in exactly a year, using up hundreds of colours of threads. It's kept by my mum now, not framed, but folded in her cupboard! Aih!
The haze is so bad that after the rain, you could still smell the smog. And then you look at school children wearing masks to school, and you can't help feeling a tinge of sadness at what this generation has to endure as a result of environmental issues that's plaguing us and worsening by the day. :(
So where is home? Home is where the heart is, but of course! I've only found my home in my thirties, not too late, is it?
I am very touched by your piece early this morning.
But the news of the starving Penans has been disturbing me the last few days.
to these still nomdic people where can they call home? And what is home to them?
Home to so many of us means comfort and love definitely and I pray that more people find it and keep it.
I agree. Home is where your heart is. It is so nice to receive news update from mum. Your daughter is lucky!
we need prayer support
JoMel,
Yes, the API in four towns in Sarawak here is in unhealthy level. That includes Samarahan, that's where Chris is now. I think he is having a good time there - probably, that's his "home" now.
No, it's never too late to find your "home" - I am glad you have and most importantly, you are building up the home with your love! I love reading your posts and always get inspired, even by the little things that you share!
God Bless.
Sarawakiana,
Yes, the Penans are facing the shortage of food. Still home is where they find love and support. Keep them in our prayers - God's provisions and protections be on them.
Superman,
Hope my daughter is not feeling that mum is nagging! LOL
BB,
Will remember your family in my prayers. Hold on to the faith and His promises.
That cross -stitch is beautiful!! And home is definitely where the heart is!!
SAHM,
I do not think I can do cross-stitch at the moment! Glad that I had all the fun in those days in Singapore in stitching one after the other! Like JoMel, I also did one on Last Supper and is still hanging in my brother's home (where my mum stayed before she left for the home of the Lord - well, she is now feasting everyday with Him!)
Post a Comment