Day 6 (one more day to go and I shall be "graduated" from the journalism school!) of the classroom learning. We learnt about colours associations.Red - Look at me, assertive, aggressive
Yellow - Happy
Blue: Calm, reflective, confident
Orange: Vibrant, passion
Green: Relaxed, non-urgent
Violet/purple: Unorthodox, individualistic, dreamy, artistic
Pink: Feminine, artistic. May be tasteless
Brown: use with care. Mainly negative associations - earth, autumn etc
Grey: Restraint. Suble way of obtaining contrast with other colours
Yellow - Happy
Blue: Calm, reflective, confident
Orange: Vibrant, passion
Green: Relaxed, non-urgent
Violet/purple: Unorthodox, individualistic, dreamy, artistic
Pink: Feminine, artistic. May be tasteless
Brown: use with care. Mainly negative associations - earth, autumn etc
Grey: Restraint. Suble way of obtaining contrast with other colours
A little talk between mum and son on colours a long time ago -
We were on the road last night when Chris asked,
“Mummy, what colour you dislike most while on the road?”
I said, “Red. How about you?”
I thought, of course Red, who wanted to stop at red light.
Chris answered,
“It depends. If you are sending me to tuition, I love Red and dislike Green. Red means we have to stop and reaching the centre late, but more time with you. If it’s going home, then I dislike Red.”
I caught that perfect moment. I saw the true colours. Heard of this song? Here’s the lyrics -
You with the sad eyes
Don’t be discouraged
Oh I realize
It’s hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colours
Shinning through
I see your true colours
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colours
True colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow. Show me a smile then,
Don’t be unhappy,
Can’t remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I’ll be there
And I’ll see your true colours Shinning through
I see your true colours
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colours
True colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow.
Don’t be discouraged
Oh I realize
It’s hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colours
Shinning through
I see your true colours
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colours
True colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow. Show me a smile then,
Don’t be unhappy,
Can’t remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you’ve taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I’ll be there
And I’ll see your true colours Shinning through
I see your true colours
And that’s why I love you
So don’t be afraid to let them show
Your true colours
True colours are beautiful
Like a rainbow.
so, what's your colour today?
4 comments:
I like green. I do not know why.
Benghui,
Green is good for the eyes. Now that my eye sight is not too good, my friends ask me to look at more greens!
Green means peace! May the peace of God be with you always. My children also like green!
aw, Chris is so sweet, loving every moment with mommy =)
bp,
Yes, Chris is ever sweet!
Post a Comment