Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The wicked little game over tea and scones!

My consultant and I almost shouted together over the breakfast table, "A must visit in Sandakan is Agnes Keith House." He has got hold of Agnes Keith's book, "Land Below The Wind" - a step ahead of me.

I did not lose totally. I learnt of the English Tea House and Restaurant that serves tea all over the world and the best scones (claimed and reviewed). I also hoped that we could have a spectacular sunset at the roof top beer garden at Hotel Yak.

We meant to start work immediately on arrival. However, the venue was not clear for our use. Therefore, we had time for a second breakfast by the sea. (We had our first breakfast at Kota Kinabalu airport) They call it fishing village.

The short walk was delightful. And the destination was much better.


And the food - fantastic!

My consultant completed the training by late afternoon.

There, we were at the English Tea House and Restaurant.

The scones - the consultant gave it a second thoughts when I suggested that he had a piece of the tuna sandwich I ordered, while I had one of his scones!

Probably, he was thinking that I had some wicked motive in taking away one of his scones!

You can play a little game of Croquet in the garden. A game similar to Croquet is thought to have been played in London in the 16th Century. Possibly having French origins. In London in the mid-19th Century, games manufacturer John Jacques made the 1st modern Croquet sets. The English Tea House and Restaurant claimed that their croquet sets are also made by John Jacques.

The basic idea of the game is for players to knock the ball through he hoops int he correct order of play, with the winner being the play that hits the centre peg first.

All players play their first hit from the start towards Hoop 1. Players then play alternately one shot at a time; however, you may have a second shot if you knock your ball through the hoop or you hit another player's ball. If you hit another player's ball, you may place your ball directly next to their ball. And the "wicked thing" is you can hit their ball out of the way and away from the hoop to make it difficult for them to reach that hoop.

My consultant asked, "Do you want to play a vicious game?"

Well, not under the hot sun, not even with ice-cream served!

The Agnes Keith House is another story, another time! Remember to check in!

6 comments:

Bengbeng said...

you are so slim now. amazing.

Yan said...

Yes, Bengbeng - the daily trip to gym does the magic! And of course, healthy eating. I read this quote from a doctor's blog, so no offence meant to doctors reading this -

One quarter of what you eat is to keep you alive, while the other three quarters is to keep your doctors alive!

Jo said...

Yan, why are you still wearing your old clothes? Time for a wardrobe makeover!! You need new clothes that flaunt the new figure. Seriously!! :) :)

Yan said...

JoMel,

Ha, ha, it's do look sort of "Ah-mu" cloth - just like the grandma panties, eh? So, it's comfy lor! Yes, yet to find time to get some new working shirts. Probably next week when I am in KL. Hey, got time for a cup of coffee to "stand and stare" and watch the world goes by with me? I would love to :) I would have more time this trip. Send you a mail in the FB!

Jo said...

Yes.. I go shopping with you. Help you choose clothes that flaunt the new bod ok?? I will make time. You tell me your schedule. :)

Yan said...

JoMel,

Thank you so much. Just drop you a mail in your FB!