Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Keys, Keys, Keys

Big keys, small keys, shining keys, copper keys .... do you have many of these keys in your drawers and you do not know what they are for? Or you are not sure which keys open which door?

If you are like me, over the years you have also collected quite the assortment of keys. I have plenty of that in my junk drawers. Probably, one of these could be key to the first car I owner some three decades ago - that Starlet?

If you are like me, there are times when you desperately look for the right keys for the doors you need to open!

My colleague went to a China trip recently and bought me this little present - chopstick keychains. On one side of the chopstick is written "Blessings" and the other side "Happiness". I could count this as my latest addition to my chopsticks collections. But, today, I am writing about keys!

Yes, I admit that a key inventory would help much to identity the keys, and could have recycled my "starlet" keys into paper clips long long ago!

What about the other keys in our life? Where do we put them?

The keys to good health, the key to education, the key to happiness, the key to blessings? These keys are collected over the years - could have been handed down by our parents, friends and business associates. Yet, we do not seem to perceive them as valuable in ordinary days. Until one day, we are desperately looking for them!

How many of such valuable keys are lost in our junk drawers? How often do we fool ourselves into thinking that the keys we are searching for are lost, when we know exactly where they are? The keys to the many blessings, happiness, peace remain hidden in our junk drawers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm also like that. Got lots of keys but dunno what keys they are! I thought only old people like that? Hahahahaha!!!

Yan said...

suituapui,

But... but, my mum in law is a good organizer of keys! So, age doesn't matter lah... to comfort you and also the "aged" here!