Sundays now are far too scarce a day to be wasted by!
Hubby says I am not scientific enough - whether in real life, in cooking or baking. Yes, I do not like to measure to cook or bake. It takes much joy away having to look at the steps in a cookbook while moving around in the kitchen. It is confusing with measuring cups, scale and spoons all meddling around in the kitchen. I like organized work and clear space for working. By the time I have the mixing into the oven or streamer, I have all my utensils used during the process cleaned. Much of my cooking or baking are done by instinct. So, I am often not able to give a recipe to the food I cook or cake I bake!
But the must ingredients is the joy. Ah the joys of baking these bready banana muffins! It's not "cakey". After the mixing and putting the muffins into the oven, it's the waiting time.
I have now turned my waiting time into time that I jump on my cross trainer for a session of 25 minutes exercise. 25 minutes because it usually takes 25 minutes for baking. After the satisfying 25 minutes of exercising, the creme de la creme of the fresh aroma of bread wafting from the oven opens a window of spiritual truths. And a hungry folk could understand better -
I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry. - John 6:35
Yes, throughout His ministry, Jesus used everyday things to teach spiritual truths. Yes, you will never be hungry if you cry to Abba Father to "give us this day our daily bread."
Bready banana muffins open doors into the wondrous workings of God.
7 comments:
Looks delicious the muffins! So you are not a "precise" chef or baker ...LOL!
James,
They are butterly! I reserve 10 pieces for my cell group meeting tonight! Join us?
Gee! U're like me! I don't follow recipes;my wife does. I keep forgetting and looking and in the end, disaster! I cook the way my mum and aunties did...everything agak-agak! Once you know what's compatible, you can be sure of cooking up a winning combination! - SUITUAPUI
Many homebodies use a bit of this and a bit of that in their cooking. Their food turns out well homecooked and lovingly prepared.
If we think of the early Christians they would have made bread this way too. My first Woh Tieh (fried dumplings) was recipe-less too. But they turned out alright. My mother who has always been picky with food ate 8. That is 80%?
Joy in simple cooking and joy in simple eating. This is Biblical - breaking bread. Use hands....
Would really like to try your muffins!
suituapui,
Yay! we belong to the same group of "cook by instincts" or probably "cook by experience". I am sure we have plenty of those experiences!
sarawakiana,
I have yet to try "Woh Tieh". Should do so one day.
yan's muffins are available when you next visit Sibu. Do let me know :)
haha, i'm also the "agat agat" kind and hope people don't get offended when they ask me for precise measurements for stuff i cook,and i tell them 'add some of this, and a bit of that..."
think u know what i mean.
Post a Comment