Monday, October 6, 2008

Choosing the better part of life





























Saturday afternoons have been a special time of fellowship and sharing with the girls in the Girls' Brigade for the past eight years.

With girls coming from different family backgrounds, I admit some girls stretch my patience to the limit. But, they are more joys than pains.

Last Saturday, this group of 13-year-old cooked the pineapple fried rice, the GB style. They did not cook up a storm, but this,


And they presented this to the officers. I told the officers, "In fact the girls appreciate us very much. They remember to give the best part of it to us, and they enjoy their fruits of labour this way -
I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you among straight paths,
When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
when you run, you will not stumble.
Proverbs 4:11-12

5 comments:

James TC Wong said...

Fantastic GB! Are they getting a badge for the cooking? Or it was just a treat? Either way - it's fantastic! xD

Constance Chan said...

wow that is just great. now i remember why i start my daughter on brownie this year... lol

she keep telling me brownies are boring and she wants to quit. but she's gonna be sworn a brownie soon.. sigh.

Yan said...

James,

Yes, they shall be given a test. And they earn their achievement awards.

Yan said...

constance,

Children are just wellspring of inspirations. I have learnt more from them than what I have taught them. It means I benefit more in mixing with them! On Saturdays, I am a teenager!

Brownies are having almost same activities I guess. Probably, the different part is the "spiritual lessons" leading girls to Christ in GB.

bp said...

like your banana muffins, the girls' pineapple rice must be v yummy!

good job you're doing with them, keep going, yan! =)