Friday, May 30, 2008

Play to Win


If you watch a game, it's fun.
If you play it, it's recreation.
If you work at it, it is golf.
- Bob Hope

No, we did not work at it. So, it's not golf.
It's badminton.
The journalists had some matches with the Police last night.
It was pure fun for me.

I overheard some of the journalists discussing among themselves whether they should let the police win, or beat them! That's pretty difficult to decide, right?

I told them that most people in power got there by being competitive. They will expect you to be competitive too. Play to win. If you beat them, it's great.

Win or lose with grace!

(Pix - Ketua Polis Daerah, Tuan Shafie Bin Ismail)

Guess who won? The Police or the Journalists?

2 comments:

bp said...

Err... journalists let the police win? ;p

Win or lose with grace, I like how you put it!

Yan said...

You are right - the police won! I can't tell whether the journalists let the police win, or the police is really "li-hai". I did not play lah!