Monday, May 26, 2008

Feeling Our Way



It was our annual Girls' Brigade Enrolment Sunday, in short, GB Sunday. It means "the order of the day" belongs to GB. GB will name their own liturgists to lead the worship, GB will lead in the singspiration (praise and worship), Bible Reading, ushering, program etc.

Naturally, the girls are thrilled. They are on stage. Their mummies and daddies will be watching them performing.

They equip themselves to be the best - to give the best to the Lord, to present their best to the congregation.

I was the liturgist yesterday. Well, I am usually asked to take this role - which I gladly take.

Before the service began, I was told by the Captain that the "Dance" performed by girls would also be included in the service. It was originally planned for the morning service only. I noted. I was also told that "pastor might take over the part on tithes and offerings after the sermon".

I went according to the program.

"Now, the girls will present a dance followed by the band performance." That was what I said and I returned to my seat waiting for the dancers.

The Captain whispered to the officer next to her and I was conveyed the message - the dance would be after the sermon.

I felt embarrassed.

The band performed. I said, "We would watch the dance later."

After the sermon, pastor returned to her seat. I thought the information conveyed earlier that "pastor might take over the offertory part" means the pastor would not take over. So, I announced the time for tithes and offering.

But the other pastor (not the pastor who preached) went on stage and took over the lead - he announced how we would be "giving" this week.

It made me "mad". I feel "ashamed" too.

I was "feeling my way" through GB Sunday - from glad to mad to ashamed!

On a second thought - This morning I thank God for the feelings and the ability to conduct this fearless feeling inventory detailing how I feel...

Isn't it indicative of the willingness to change?

2 comments:

JOEPSC said...

Communication is always a complex problem between people, even in the best of circumstances - simply no two persons are alike in any respect. Those emotions you mentioned are completely normal reactions.. it takes a strong person to control any uglier outburst!

Posting about it indicates more than personal change – it proves you are forgiving, and in forgiveness you conquer all uneasy feelings (negative emotions) which the devil is always using as provocations to trap us in.. to perpetuate our sins.

Congrats.. you won a battle!

Yan said...

Joe,

Probably we mellow as we grow older, and grow older gracefully!

Yay, a battle won? Thanks so much for the good words!